University of Ibadan (UI) Recruitment 2021 – Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Vice Chancellor
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- The post of the Vice Chancellor of the University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria, will become vacant by 01 December, 2020. In accordance with the provisions of the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) Decree No. 11 of 1993 (as Amended by Decree No. 25 of 1996) and by the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act, 1993 (Amendment) Act 2003 and Act 2012, the Governing Council of the University of Ibadan wishes to commence the process of filling the vacancy. Interested candidates are requested to note the following information about the University.
The candidate for the post of Vice Chancellor is required to possess a good University education and should be a proven, successful manager of human and material resources. Specifically, the candidate shall be expected to:
- Be a highly distinguished scholar of the rank of Professor, with a minimum of ten (10) years experience on that level and demonstrate ability to provide academic and administrative leadership for such a well established institution;
- Strengthen the bridges between staff, students and other members of the University community;
- Be a person with a clear vision for the development of the University
- Enjoy excellent physical and mental health;
- Attract the much-needed funds into the University.
- Be a person of proven integrity;
- Be not more than 65 years old as at the date of possible assumption of duty on 01 December, 2020;
- Command the respect of the national and international academic communities through his/her track record;
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 – 4 Job Positions
- NG CARES Covid-19 Loan /Grant 2021
- CBN AGSMEIS Loan Portal is Still Open
- NEDIS Covid-19 Special Fund Registration 2021
- NEDIS Covid-19 Special Fund Registration 2021 – How to Apply Online
- Npower Physical Verification 2021 Has Began – See Requirement/Documents for Verification
- Imo State Government COVID-19 Youth Empowerment Fund 2021/2022 Registration
- NIRSAL COVID-19 Loan Payment 2021
- NIRSAL COVID-19 Loan 2021 Approved–How to know if your Loan is approved
Terms and Conditions of Service Applicable to the Post
- The Vice Chancellor shall hold office for a single term of five (5) years only on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment.
- The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of Vice Chancellor in all Nigerian Federal Universities and as may be determined from time to time by the Government/Governing Council as appropriate.
How to Apply for University of Ibadan (UI) Recruitment 2021/2022
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications under confidential cover in sealed envelope(s) marked “Post of Vice Chancellor” at the top left hand corner, addressed and forwarded to:
Registrar and Secretary to Council,
University of Ibadan,
Ibadan, Oyo State.
In addition to hard copies, applicants are expected to forward electronic copies of their submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Each application should be made in 50 copies and be accompanied by 50 copies of the candidate’s curriculum vitae duly signed and dated. The curriculum vitae must contain the candidate’s name in full, date of birth, state of origin, marital status, educational attainment, nationality, professional and academic achievements.
- Each application should include the names and addresses of three referees. Each referee should be contacted by the applicant to forward direct to the Registrar, a confidential report in a properly sealed envelope marked: Post of Vice Chancellor; Referee’s Report at the top left hand corner of the envelope.
- Each application must be accompanied by 50 copies of statement of the candidate’s Vision for the University in the twenty-first century.
- In the case of candidates identified by the Search Team, the application shall conform to the requirements in (i) to (iii) above, in addition to a letter of consent duly signed by the candidate
Application Deadline 17th August, 2021.
To get more updates
- Subscribe to the site sparkgist.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE
- LIKE our Facebook page for direct updates
- FOLLOW our Twitter News Handle for updates
- In case of any issue or challenge or questions, Click Here