Following the directives from Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC)
Nigerian telecommunication service providers have announced simple steps that subscribers can take to link their phone numbers with their National Identity Number (NIN).
It had been reported that the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) mandated telecommunication companies in the country to block all SIM cards that are not registered with NIN within 2 weeks (starting from by December 31, 2020).
The Nigerian Identity Management Commission (NIMC) has also directed that subscribers can link their NIN to more than one sim card. This can be done by taking their NIN to the office of their service providers.
The commission warned the general public to beware of fraudsters and scammers who are on the prowl to swindle unsuspecting people.
Nigerians who have already enrolled in the NIMC scheme but have lost their NIN should dial *346# to retrieve the NIN.
You can link your line(s) at the comfort of your home anywhere and anytime, by simply following the below steps.
- 1 Below are the simple steps to link NIN to your MTN Line, Glo Line, Airtel Line, 9mobile Line
If you are using MTN Line/MTN users
- To link your NIN, simply dial *785# using the MTN number you wish to link and then enter your NIN and Click send
- Visit https://mtnonline.com/nin using a computer or a mobile/smart phone
- Fill out the NIN linking form correctly
- Then Click on Submit
For More information on how to link your MTN LINE CLICK HERE
If you are using GLO Line/Globacom Users
Glo Users are to text “UPDATENIN followed by the your National Identification Number NIN, First Name Last Name” to 109 or simply visit the nearest Globacom office with your NIN
For More information on how to link your GLO LINE CLICK HERE
If you are using AIRTEL Line/Airtel Users
- Dial *121#
- Type 1 for “NIN Capture” and send.
- Enter your 11-digit NIN and send.
- Wait for the message confirming your submission.
For More information on how to link your AIRTEL LINE CLICK HERE
For 9Mobile Users
The Federal Government through the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has directed that all SIM cards must be linked to a National Identification Number (NIN). Failure to do this by December 30, 2020 will result in the line being blocked. TO LINK YOUR NIN TO YOUR 9MOBILE LINE CLICK HERE and follow the instrction
We thought you should also know about
To get more Updates
- Subscribe to the site sparkgist.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE
- LIKE our Facebook page for direct updates
- FOLLOW our Twitter News Handle for updates
- In case of any issue or challenge or questions, Click Here