Health Benefit of Honey Consumption – Honey is a sweet, viscous food substance made by honey bees and some related insects. Bees produce honey from the sugary secretions of plants or from secretions of other insects, by regurgitation, enzymatic activity, and water evaporation.
It is one agricultural product that has power importance and health benefits which most users today don’t know about.
Aside from the common medical usage of honey that we know about which are for cough, fire incidence there also lots of health benefits derived from honey consumption.
Some Important Health Benefits of Honey Consumption
- Remedy for Severe Cough: Honey is known to be one of the best home remedies for dry cough as well as wet cough. Research has also shown that drinking a tablespoon of honey can reduce irritation in the throat. Honey is the preferred natural remedy for cough, especially for kids, as it helps to relieve nocturnal cough, allowing proper sleep.
- Sleeping Aids: instead of using pill/drugs to make you sleep honey is the best pills for sleep . Having trouble falling asleep? You should try drinking this beverage made of warm milk and honey just before you sleep. For centuries, people have used this drink to help them sleep. This beverage is fairly easy to make. All you need to do is add a teaspoon of Dabur Honey into a glass of hot milk, or add 1 or 2 teaspoons of Dabur Honey to a cup of chamomile tea and sip to induce sleep. (Click to read about Sleep & Insomnia)
- Fast healing of wounds/injuries: Honey has antibacterial, antifungal, and antioxidant properties, which is why honey is used for healing wounds. After any skin injury, bacteria that live on your skin can infect and penetrate the wound site. Honey, has been found to destroy these bacteria.
- Strengthening of the immune system: Honey has countless medicinal properties that naturally help in curing a sore throat. Its antioxidants and bacteria-fighting assets also help against fighting infections that are caused by viruses, bacteria and fungi. According to doctors and scientists, buckwheat honey has the highest number of antioxidants and when consumed daily can be beneficial for boosting immunity in the long run and this is why honey has known to be one of the best immunity boosting foods. It is always advisable to consume honey every morning before breakfast or even workout to get an extra kick of energy for the whole day. It also works as a cleansing toner which improves immunity in children.
- For skin beautification: Using honey for your skin s very useful because of its moisturizing and nourishing properties. Honey is the best natural moisturizer, especially for your dry skin and it is also very easy to apply. Raw honey not onlyunclogs pores but it also helps moisturize parched skin. It also helps curing cracked lips during winters. Many people also use honey masks for skin tone correction. Also being a natural antiseptic, it is useful for treatment of wounds, bruises, cuts, burns and other infections. Learn more about how honey can be used as one of the effective home remedies for glowing skin.
- Weigh management: Did you know you can use Honey for Weight management? According to the famous author and nutritionist Mike McInnes, honey burns body fat even while when you are sleeping. It is one of the best foods for losing weight. Doctors recommend to have a spoonful of honey before going to bed. You can also consume a little honey with warm water on empty stomach early in the morning. Having it first thing in the morning, helps increase the metabolism, which in turn helps reduce weight faster. Honey is also good for improving your overall health.
- Help Boost your memory: We are what we eat and hence it is very important to consume foods that help make our mental health strong to sustain in old age. Honey, the eternal sweetener has numerous health benefits, one of which includes boosting memory and concentration. Honey not only increases brain power and memory but also makes you a healthier person altogether. Consumption of honey prevents metabolic stress and helps calm and soothe the brain, which helps in augmenting memory in the long run. The natural antioxidants and therapeutic properties in honey help in boosting brains’ cholinergic system and circulation and receding cells that cause memory loss.
- Good for Sinus Patients: With increasing pollution and dust many people these days suffer from sinus related issues. Sinuses are small cavities in the skull that produce mucus to guard the respiratory system from allergies and infections. When we suffer from infections the viruses block the sinus, traps the air and mucus which causes distress. Honey on the other hand is a natural anti-bacterium and anti-septic that helps to clear the infections and reduce inflammations. Honey also soothes throat and reduces coughs and strengthens the immune system thereby causing less sinus attacks.
- Home remedy for Dandruff: Do you know how beneficial honey for hair can be? Honey is one of the best natural home remedies for dandruff. It not only provides nourishment to dry hair but it also gives you smooth and soft hair. You can also use honey and lavender with green tea to prevent hair fall. All you need to do is mix 2 tablespoons of Dabur Honey with equal amount of vegetable oil and apply it on your hair. Keep this hair mask on for 15 minutes, and then rinse it off before you shampoo.
We thought you should also know about
To get more Updates
- Subscribe to the site sparkgist.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE
- LIKE our Facebook page for direct updates
- FOLLOW our Twitter News Handle for updates
- In case of any issue or challenge or questions, Click Here