Do you have Glo SIM card? Have you heard of NIN and Glo sim card linking? NIN SIM Registration only requires your NIMC Number or National Identity Card. Are you a glo subscriber? Have you linked your NIN to your Glo SIM/Glo Line? Do you need the step to connect your NIN – National Identity Number to your glo sim card? If yes, ensure you read this post.
Do not dial any code aside from the instructions given in this post, many wrong USSD Codes have been going online in course of connecting/linking NIN to Glo SIM Card users/Glo Subscribers.
According to the NCC directive, lines not linked with their NIN before 30th December 2020, will be blocked.
This post is to update you on how to link your NIN to your Glo SIM Card.
- 0.1 NIN linking to Network Providers – For GLO users/subscribers only
- 0.2 What is a NIN?
- 0.3 How do I register for NIN?
- 0.4 How do I confirm my NIN number?
- 1 Easy Steps How to connect/link your GLO SIM CARD with your NIN/NIMC
What is a NIN?
The National Identification Number (NIN) is the unique number which identifies you as a Nigerian, and is issued to you upon enrollment by NIMC (the National Identity Management Commission). It is used to match your biometric data and other details in the National Identity Database during verification and authentication.
How do I register for NIN?
You can register in any NIMC ECRs (Enrollment Centres) close to you. Kindly visit www.nimc.gov.ng for a list of all enrollment centers nationwide.
How do I confirm my NIN number?
You can check your NIN Slip, it has your 11 Digit Number at the top left corner, on the second row. You can also dial *346# and press 1, please note that you may be charged 20 naira.
If you are a glo network user, follow this simple instruction in order to connect/link your NIN to your Glo SIM Card as directed by FG and NCC.
If you receive an SMS from GLO-NIN (Dear Customer, as per NCC guidelines, NIN is mandatory to keep your GLO line active. TYPE UPDATENIN space NIN space FIRSTNAME space LASTNAME and send to 109) or not please follow the below steps
- Open your message on your mobile phone
- Go to message
- Go to compose message
- Type UPDATENIN space NIN space FIRSTNAME space LASTNAME example “UPDATENIN 1234567890 Williams Jude
- Send to 109
To confirm that you did the right thing, you will receive another SMS from 109 stating “ Dear esteemed Customer, your NIN has been successfully received. Thanks.”
Congratulations you have successfully linked your Glo Line to National Identity Number (NIN).
We thought you should also know about
To get more Updates
- Subscribe to the site sparkgist.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE
- LIKE our Facebook page for direct updates
- FOLLOW our Twitter News Handle for updates
- In case of any issue or challenge or questions, Click Here