NIMC/NIN Registration Easy Process- In view of the above caption, we deem it fit to provide all Nigerians/the general public with the guidelines on how to register and obtain their NIN.
- 1 NIN/NIMC Registration
- 1.1 NIN Meaning
- 1.2 Importance of National Identity Card (NIN)
- 1.3 NIN Registration Centres Nation wide
- 1.4 NIN Registration Service Fee
- 1.5 NIMC/NIN Registration Days and Time
- 1.6 Valid Documents for NIMC/NIN Registration
- 1.7 NIMC/NIN Registration Portal Process At NIMC Enrollment Centre:
- 1.8 Easy Steps for NIMC Registration Enrolment
- 1.9 To get more Updates
This post will give you all you need to register for your national Identification Number, NIMC centres nationwide
NIN means National Identification Number. It consists of 11 non- intelligible numbers randomly chosen and assigned to an individual after the completion of enrolment into the National Identity Database (NIDB).
The NIN is used to tie all records about an individual in the database and is also used to establish or verify his/her identity. All citizens and legal residents in Nigeria, from age zero (birth) and above are eligible to enrol for their NINs.
One individual has one NIN number, that makes it unique in nature. In the case of the demise of an individual, his/her NIN is retired once a death certificate is presented to the Commission and the individual’s death is established.
Importance of National Identity Card (NIN)
- Its a means of identification as a citizen of Nigeria/the country
- As earlier announced by JAMB, only candidates who have done their National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) registration and have obtained their National Identification Number (NIN) will be eligible to register for 2020 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME). This implies that any candidate that has not registered for NIN will not be allowed to register for UTME.
- Also the National Identification Number (NIN) is not only for jamb registration, it can be used for other important processes like bank account creation and modification, visa registration, scholarship registration, a means of identification as a citizen and so much more
- The NIN has been made mandatory that all SIM card users MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9mobile etc should link their NIN to their line to avoid blocking.
National Identity Card registration process and collection across Nigeria.
NIN Registration Centres Nation wide
Walk into the closest NIMC Enrolment Centre Click to see more
NIN Registration Service Fee
Note that the NIMC/NIN registration and enrolment is FREE
NIMC/NIN Registration Days and Time
NIN registration office/centres are open from Monday – Friday. Time: 8:00AM – 4:00PM
Valid Documents for NIMC/NIN Registration
Walk into the closest NIMC Enrolment Centre with your BVN if you have one and any of the following below listed documents:
- Nigerian International passport
- NHIS ID card
- Government staff ID card
- Certificate of Origin
- Old National ID Card
- Driver’s License
- Voter’s card (Temporary or Permanent)
- Attestation letter from a prominent ruler in your community
- Birth certificate
- Declaration of age
- Attestation letter from religious/traditional leader
- Registered/recognized private organization staff ID card
- School ID Card (private/public)
- Tax Clearance certificate
- Valid immigration documents
NIMC/NIN Registration Portal Process At NIMC Enrollment Centre:
The whole process of registration can be carried out at an enrolment centre close to you.
But to save yourself the stress of queuing and waiting for a long time, you can complete the first step of the NIN registration online by visiting the NIMC Pre-Enrolment Portal: https://penrol.nimc.gov.ng/
Print out the Barcode registration slip
Proceed to an enrolment centre nearest to you to complete the rest of the registration steps.
Easy Steps for NIMC Registration Enrolment
- Applicants are to walk into the enrolment Centre with a supporting document.
- Applicant will be verified to ascertain if he/she has ever enrolled using the NIN verification portal.
- Applicant will be issued an enrolment form to fill if he/she has not enrolled before. OR the printed Barcode slip (for those who applied online) will be collected if the applicant had pre-enrolled earlier using the pre-enrolment service.
- Applicant’s forms will be vetted by a NIMC Official to crosscheck the information filled on the form against the supporting document provided and to check for errors/mistake filled on the form. Note: applicants who cannot read nor write should be accompanied by a literate individual who can do the form filling for him/her.
- Applicant’s pre-filled information will be inputted on the NIMC Software by a NIMC enrolment officer or the Barcode slip will be scanned by the NIMC enrolment officer to populate all the required field.
- The enrolment officer will ask the applicant to double check his/her information for errors using the applicant monitor.
- If the applicant is satisfied with his/her demographic information, the biometrics (ten finger prints and facial image) of the applicant will be capture subsequently.
- After completing the enrolment, a Transaction ID Slip will be issued to the applicant as an evidence of the transaction. However, the Transaction slip does not confer the right to National Identification Number. The applicant will be requested to come back for the NIN within 1-5 working days, as it is subjected to availability of network, authentication and verification.
- A National Identification Number (NIN) Slip is issued to the applicants after processing.
- The National e-ID Card will be Issued to applicant within 12months after Issuance of NIN barring any unforeseen circumstances.
- Minor applicants (0-15 years of age) should be accompanied by parents / guardians and can do the form filling for them.
- Minor applicants should only bring original and valid birth certificate and NIN slip of one of the Nigerian Parent / Guardian.
- The National e-ID Card will not be issued to minors until they become 16 years of age and above.
- In the case of a minor, after completion of enrollment, a text message will automatically be sent to the Applicant, Parent or guardian to come for update when they become 16 years of age.
To get more Updates
- Subscribe to the site sparkgist.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE
- LIKE our Facebook page for direct updates
- FOLLOW our Twitter News Handle for updates
- In case of any issue or challenge or questions, Click Here