The Federal Mnistry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD) in collaboration with the International Fund for Agriculture development (IFAD) and the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) is implementing a Livelihood Improvement Family Enterprises Project in the Niger Delta (LIFE-ND).
The National Project Coordinating Office of LIFE-ND hereby request application from suitably qualified and competent personnel to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Knowledge Management and Communication Coordinator (KMC)
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Reports to: National Project Coordinator
Contract Detail: 2 years Contract, renewable based on satisfactory performance acceptable to FGN and IFAD
- The Federal Government of Nigeria has received a credit from the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) with additional financing from the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) towards the coat of implementing a FGN/NODC/IFAD assisted Livelihood Improvement Family Enterprises Project in nine states of the Niger Delta (LIFE-ND) Region. IFAD financing will focus on six states of Abia, Bsyelsa, Cross River, Delta, Edo and Ondo while NDDC financing will cover three States of Akwa-Ibom, lnso and Rivers. The LIFE-ND is planned with a financing gap of six years in the first instance and additional six years to be financed in future by other partners and or an additional WAD loan.
- The goal of LIFE-ND is to realize a transformed rural economy of the Niger Delta region in which all the rural population can derive prosperity and equal benefit. The goal indicators at Project end are (i) 50% reduction in rural households living below the poverty line in the targeted village areas; and (ii) 20% improvement in household assets ownership.
- The LIFE-ND’s development objective is “to enhance income, food security and job creation for rural youth and women through agribusiness development on a sustainable basis”. The development objective indicators at Project end are(i) 60% reduction in the number of households experiencing food insecurity in the participating village areas, and (ii) 80% of women reporting improved quality of their diets.
- The Knowledge Management and Communications Coordinator will have overall responsibility for coordinating, supporting amid facilitating Knowledge Management and Communication (KMC) activities related to project implementation at the national level.
- The Coordinator will work closely with the KMC Advisor at the Central Communications Unit to provide leadership, guidance, and capacity building in KMC.
- NG CARES Covid-19 Loan /Grant 2021
- CBN AGSMEIS Loan Portal is Still Open
- NEDIS Covid-19 Special Fund Registration 2021
- NEDIS Covid-19 Special Fund Registration 2021 – How to Apply Online
- Npower Physical Verification 2021 Has Began – See Requirement/Documents for Verification
- Imo State Government COVID-19 Youth Empowerment Fund 2021/2022 Registration
- NIRSAL COVID-19 Loan Payment 2021
- NIRSAL COVID-19 Loan 2021 Approved–How to know if your Loan is approved
- Digital Youth Nigeria Registration 2021
- FMYSD Green Stimulus Framework Recruitment 2021 Registration
- BuyPower Nigeria Recruitment 2021/2022
- Manage the implementation of the KMC strategy of the project.
- Develop KMC activities for the annual work plait and budget (AWPI3).
- Prepare an annual KMC plan of actions for enhancing an institutional culture of learning and knowledge- sharing.
- Facilitate knowledge-sharing events and policy dialogues among project stake holders.
- Ensure that innovative experiences, learning and good practices are captured, synthesized, documented and shared continuously within the project. within the relevant stakeholders and, with in-country partners. IFAD
- and other national and international partners.
- Play a leading role in knowledge capitalization sod develop evidence-based knowledge products and ensure wider dissemination.
- Develop and update project stakeholders’ contact list and mailing lists for the dissemination of project knowledge products.
- Guides staff on information collection, processing, and information dissemination methods.
- Play a leading role in external relations, building relations with media and communication personnel, liaison, and public relations.
- in close collaboration with the M&E Coordinator, ensure results from various studies including quality management, reporting, and monitoring and evaluation are translated into evidence-based knowledge products.
- Establish information technology requirements for effective implementation of the KMC strategy using social media and internet tools.
- Plan and coordinate all communication and advocacy campaigns through mass media, newsletters, stakeholder meetings, and other communication channels as appropriate.
- Assist in developing integrated information systems to enable M&E of project activities.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of the project’s KMC strategy.
- Contribute to the drafting of periodic project progress reports.
- Maintain updated cataloguing of the project’s knowledge assets/online resource materials.
- Under take other KMC tasks as required.
Qualification and Experience
- Higher level University Degree or equivalent in a field related to Communications, Journalism, Development or a related discipline.
- Minimum of five years of experience in information, knowledge management, and/or development preferably in the agriculture and rural development sector. Experience in media relations, ICT and extensions will be an advantage.
- Proven ability in documentation ad advocacy; demonstrated capacity to develop and oversee implementation of documentation of programme results, presentations, communication and reporting skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; experience of interacting with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- High degree of motivation, initiative, independence, reliability, adaptability, and professional maturity; and places a premium on “getting things done”.
- Strong project management and coordination skills; able to handle multiple tasks and balance priorities with various stakeholders.
How to Apply to Apply for FMARD Recruitment 2021
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Expression of Interest (EOl) in 10 copies including one original and nine photocopies, properly sealed and clearly marked at the top right-hand cover “Expression of Interest (EOI) for Position under FGN / NDDC / IFAD Assisted LIFE-ND Project.” Each envelope should include a CV and an Application Letter with Cover Letter suited for the position being applied for.
The sealed envelope should be addressed mind delivered to:
The Permanent Secretary,
Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development,
C / O Director, Projects Coordinating Unit (PCU),
No.1, Eldoret Close, Off Aminu Kano Crescent,
Wuse II – Abuja
Application Deadline 12th July, 2021. (12 Noon).
To get more updates
- Subscribe to the site sparkgist.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE
- LIKE our Facebook page for direct updates
- FOLLOW our Twitter News Handle for updates
- In case of any issue or challenge or questions, Click Here