This article is for mainly candidates who wish to study Medicine and Surgery in any of the higher institutions in Nigeria. Do you wish to know the cut off mark set by JAMB for Medicine and Surgery in Nigerian Universities?
What are the role of Medicine and Surgery?
- 1 What are the role of Medicine and Surgery?
- 2 I did not choose pharmacy what should I do?
- 3 Post UTME Cutoff Mark for Medicine and Surgery in all universities
- 4 How to gain admission to study Medicine and Surgery in any university 2021
- 5 Which university is the best to study Medicine and Surgery in Nigeria?
- 6 Universities that Accepts Second Choice Candidates for Medicine and Surgery
- 7 Summary of this Medicine and Surgery Admission article
- 8 To get more Updates
Doctors/Surgeons are very important in all societies of the world. The Doctor/surgeon is responsible for the preoperative diagnosis of the patient, for performing the operation, and for providing the patient with postoperative surgical care and treatment.
The Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria is the national body that regulates the activities of the course in Nigeria
I did not choose pharmacy what should I do?
Before we proceed, it is important we inform you that Medicine and Surgery is not studied in all Nigerian Universities, as some schools don’t offer the course.
Ensure that you selected an accredited university during your JAMB 2019 registration, you can also do JAMB change of course/ JAMB change of institution.
The usual cut-off mark set by JAMB is 200 for Medicine and Surgery, but not all schools accept this score as some schools like Ahmadu Bello University, University of Benin, University of Ibadan etc. set their Nursing Cutoff mark between 250-270 and above.
If you are applying for admission into such schools you must ensure you have a high JAMB Score.
Other courses like Law, Medicine and Surgery, Nursing are also very competitive and you must also score very high to stand a chance of getting admission into the university of your choice.
Post UTME Cutoff Mark for Medicine and Surgery in all universities
You would already know that to gain admission into any university does not depend on how high you performed in JAMB but also how well you perform in the Post-UTME screening/Exam of your choice institution.
While some schools write screening exams, others just screen the qualifications such as WAEC result etc.
How to gain admission to study Medicine and Surgery in any university 2021
The reason you have read all this, is simply because you are serious about gaining admission to study your dream course-Nursing.
To gain admission into universities that base their admission selection on the average score between your JAMB Score and Post UTME score, you must do very well in both exams, however, if you didn’t score so high in JAMB, all hope is not lost as you can make up for it in your 2021,2022,2023,2024 OR 2025 Post UTME.
For Universities that conduct post utme, if you are applying for Nursing Science, you must have at least a minimum Post UTME score of 65-70%. This would increase your chances of getting your dream admission this year.
Please know that this course is very competitive and as such you must work very hard to scale through.
It is also important that you got good grades in your SSCE/O’level/NABTEP/NECO etc.
Which university is the best to study Medicine and Surgery in Nigeria?
From research, some of the best university in Nigeria to study Medicine and Surgery are as listed below
- University of Benin
- University of Ibadan
- Obafemi Awolo University
- Ahmadu Bello University
- University of Maiduguri
- Olabisi Onibanjo University
- Niger Delta University
- University of Jos
Universities that Accepts Second Choice Candidates for Medicine and Surgery
This will guide all JAMB prospective candidates on the University to put as second choice during the 2020 JAMB registration.
You will find the Full List of Universities in Nigeria that accepts second choice candidates HERE
Summary of this Medicine and Surgery Admission article
- JAMB original cut-off mark is 180.
- Nursing is a very competitive course, so most schools set the cutoff mark to 250-270
- It is important you score up to 70% in your Post UTME to increase your chances of getting the admission.
- Having a good o’level result would favor your admission process.
We thought you should also know about
To get more Updates
- Subscribe to the site sparkgist.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE
- LIKE our Facebook page for direct updates
- FOLLOW our Twitter News Handle for updates
- In case of any issue or challenge or questions, Click Here