This article is mostly for jamb candidates who seek to register for this years’ jamb and to increase the chance of gaining admission into any tertiary institution in Nigeria. Most candidates do not know how to choose tertiary institution during jamb registration and they also don’t know how to increase their chance of getting admission.
They also miss select institution by choosing some university that do not accept second choice candidates despite their high jamb score.
High jamb score does not guarantee admission into tertiary institutions in Nigeria.
To mention a few that increase your chance of gaining admission are catchment area of candidate, placement of choice of institution (first or second Choice selected during jamb registration), then comes your jamb score, Olevel result and post UTME Score. Read More
This post will guide all JAMB prospective candidates on the University to put as second choice during the 2021 JAMB registration.
Why I need to choose a Second Choice University?
It is important you select a second choice university to improve your chances of gaining admission this year.
Many Jamb candidates make that big mistake of selecting two federal universities like UNIBEN and UNIPORT as first and second choice respectively. both institutions are federal and cannot accept any second choice candidate irrespective of your jamb score or catchment area etc.
The below list will assist you in choosing second choice institution be it Federal or state or polytechnics and stop wasting your second choice space for admission.
How to Select Choice of University during Jamb Registration 2021/2022
During jamb registration,
- The first most preferred institution should be a Federal university example University of Port Harcourt
- Second should be a State University or some Federal University that accepts second choice candidates as listed in this post which is rare example Abia State University, Uturu, Abia State University
- Third should be a polytechnic: Captain Elechi Amadi Polytechnics
- The last should be IEI.
Full List of State Universities that Accepts Second Choice Candidates 2021/2022
- Abia State University, Uturu, Abia State (ABSU)
- Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi, Bauchi State (ATBU)
- Adamawa State University, Mubi, Adamawa State (ADSU)
- Akwa Ibom State University, Ikot-Akpaden, Akwa Ibom State (AKSU)
- Anambra State University, Uli, Anambra State (ANSU)
- Cross Rivers University of Technology, Calabar, Cross River State (CRUTECH)
- Ignatius Ajuru University of Education
- More still loading
Full List of Federal Universities that Accepts Second Choice Candidates 2021/2022
- Federal University Dutse, Jigawa State (FUD)
- Federal University Dutsin-ma, Kastina State (FUDMA)
- Federal University Gashua, Yobe State (FUGASHUA)
- Federal University Gusau, Zamfara State (FUGUS)
- Federal University Kashere, Gombe State (FUK)
- Federal University Lafia, Nasarawa State (FULAFIA)
- Federal University Ndifu-Alike, Ebonyi State (FUNAI)
- Federal University Otuoke, Bayelsa State (FUOTUOKE)
- Federal University Wukari, Taraba State (FUWUKARI)
- Federal University, Birnin Kebbi, Kebbi State (FUBK)
- Federal University, Lokoja, Kogi State (FULOKOJA)
- Federal University, Oye Ekiti, Ekiti State (FUOYE)
- University of Maiduguri, Borno State (UNIMAID)
- More still loading
Full List of Private Universities that Accepts Second Choice Candidates 2021/2022
- American University of Nigeria, Yola, Adamawa
- Edwin Clark University, Kiagbodo, Delta State
- Gregory University, Uturu, Abia State
- Modibo Adama University of Technology, Yola, Adamawa
- Obong University, Obong, Ntak Akwa-Ibom State
- Paul University, Awka, Anambra State
- Ritman University, Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom State
- Tansian University, Oba, Anambra State
- University of Mkar, Gboko, Benue State
- Western Delta University, Ogbara, Delta State
- More still loading
To get more Updates on Jamb 2021
- Subscribe to the site sparkgist.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE
- LIKE our Facebook page for direct updates
- FOLLOW our Twitter News Handle for updates
- In case of any issue or challenge or questions, Click Here