JAMB Cut Off Mark for Engineering Course – Engineers are needed in all aspects of life. The roles of the engineer are defining problems, conducting and narrowing research, analyzing criteria, finding and analyzing solutions, and making decisions and creating products/machines vital for man survival.
The Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria, COREN is the national body that regulates the activities of engineers in Nigeria.
Engineering Departments in Nigerian Institutions
- 1 Engineering Departments in Nigerian Institutions
- 2 I did not choose Engineering what should I do?
- 3 Post UTME Cutoff Mark for Engineering in all universities
- 4 How to gain admission to study Engineering in any university 2021
- 5 Which university is the best to study Engineering in Nigeria?
- 6 Universities that Accepts Second Choice Candidates for Engineering
- 7 Summary of the Engineering Admission article
- 8 To get more Updates
- Chemical Engineering.
- Civil Engineering.
- Computer Engineering.
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering.
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronics and Automobiles etc.
I did not choose Engineering what should I do?
Ensure that you selected an accredited university during your JAMB registration, you can also do JAMB change of course/ JAMB change of institution.
Other courses like Law, Medicine and Surgery, and Nursing, Engineering are also very competitive and you must also score very high to stand a chance of getting admission into the university of your choice.
Post UTME Cutoff Mark for Engineering in all universities
You would already know that to gain admission into any university does not depend on how high you performed in JAMB but also how well you perform in the Post-UTME screening/Exam of your choice institution.
While some schools write screening exams, others just screen the qualifications such as WAEC result etc.
How to gain admission to study Engineering in any university 2021
The reason you have read all this, is simply because you are serious about gaining admission to study your dream course-Nursing.
To gain admission into universities that base their admission selection on the average score between your JAMB Score and Post UTME score, you must do very well in both exams, however, if you didn’t score so high in JAMB, all hope is not lost as you can make up for it in your 2021,2022,2023,2024 OR 2025 Post UTME.
For Universities that conduct post utme, if you are applying for Nursing Science, you must have at least a minimum Post UTME score of 65-70%. This would increase your chances of getting your dream admission this year.
Please know that this course is very competitive and as such you must work very hard to scale through.
It is also important that you got good grades in your SSCE/O’level/NABTEP/NECO etc.
Which university is the best to study Engineering in Nigeria?
From research, some of the best university in Nigeria to study Medicine and Surgery are as listed below
- University of Benin
- University of Ibadan
- Obafemi Awolo University
- Ahmadu Bello University
- University of Maiduguri
- Olabisi Onibanjo University
- Niger Delta University
- University of Jos
- University of Port Harcourt
- Rivers State University
Universities that Accepts Second Choice Candidates for Engineering
This will guide all JAMB prospective candidates on the University to put as second choice during the 2020 JAMB registration.
You will find the Full List of Universities in Nigeria that accepts second choice candidates HERE
Summary of the Engineering Admission article
- JAMB original cut-off mark is 180 and above.
- Schools set the cutoff mark for engineering to 250-270
- It is important you score up to 70% in your Post UTME to increase your chances of getting the admission.
- Having a good o’level result would favor your admission process.
We thought you should also know about