NYSC Monthly clearance is very important for serving corps members as it is a prerequisite to getting an allowance from Federal Government.
NYSC Monthly Clearance Dates
The clearance is fix for 10 days. It begins from the first day of the month until the 10th day of that month. Excluding weekends and public holidays, the schedule will be uploaded on your dashboard.
There may be disruption of clearance schedule when LI go to NYSC orientation camp programme for new batch.
How to do your NYSC Monthly Clearance at the LGA Secretariat for your Payment
- The clearance is done at the local government Secretariat where the local inspector (LI) has an office. The purpose of the monthly clearance is to mark a register you are still serving and have not ascounded.You are to go along to the local government Secretariat with a clearance letter from your Place of Primary Assignment (PPA) showing that you are actually serving in that place and that the management of your ppa is certified with your service.
- Once you have tendered your letter, a biometric capture/ thumb printing will be carried out.
Also, your LGA monthly clearance status should reflect on your dashboard as soon as you have done your NYSC biometric clearance. Although, it depend on the network in the area. You can check your status by following the below instructions;
How to Check NYSC LGA Monthly Clearance On your Dashboard
- Go to the NYSC portal at portal.nysc.org
- Login to your dashboard using your password and e-mail
Click on “LGA Clearance”.
- It would show you the list of months you take part in NYSC monthly clearance and your status, which can either be ‘Present’ or ‘Absent’.
If I have done my LGA clearance and thumb print, but my dashboard is still showing absent, What to do? Nysc monthly clearance still showing absent
If you cleared for a month and find out that your status is showing as “absent”, it is advised to see your Local Government Inspector (LGI) as soon as possible.
Kindly use the share buttons below to pass this information across.
To get more updates