Olam Nigeria Limited is located in Lagos, Nigeria and is part of the Farm Support Services Industry. Olam Nigeria Limited has 3,000 employees at this location and generates $222.01 million in sales (USD). With offices and operational units across all geopolitical zones of the Nigerian Federation, Olam has a wide and growing network of farmers, suppliers, wholesalers, local buying agents (LBAs), customers and service providers. Today, these networks encompass approximately 500,000 farmers and have created tens of thousands of jobs in indirect employment.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Quality Manager
- At Olam, we are looking for a highly diligent individual who specializes in quality to understand customer expectation and translate them into company quality norms. The individual will play a key role in outlining quality standards and developing quality control processes.
- The incumbent will ensure compliance to quality norms, policies, and procedures of the company.
- The objective is to cultivate a culture of consistent quality with zero defect in collaboration with all stakeholders by continually developing, planning and implementing quality systems & processes and training of plant personnel.
- Develop, plan and implement quality systems to meet food safety standards in line with GFSI guidelines.
- Build control systems to comply with food safety requirements including PRPs. Design and deploy audit processes (factory, market, warehouse, etc.).
- Closely interact with other functions including R&D, manufacturing, and sourcing to effectively collaborate and seek their inputs on improvement/development of quality systems and processes.
- Setup, maintain and operate laboratory to meet all requirements of testing of incoming, in-process and finished goods consistently.
- Coordination with external laboratories and external calibration agencies for all other testing requirements.
- Support improvement programs on vendor quality.
- Conducting root cause analysis for deviations. Develop and implement a corrective action plan where needed. Regularly review compliance status for all quality-related observations and lead the process of sharing views with all stakeholders for implementation/closure of the open audit points.
- Continuously improve quality awareness and standards including sensory evaluation of raw materials, intermediates, and finished goods.
- Develop and train the team to improve the effectiveness of the implementation of best practices in all areas of work.
- Identify learning needs of team members and personnel critical to food safety to enhance skills.
- Develop and maintain a motivated team.
- Plan and conduct training for all plant personnel on food safety and personal hygiene.
- Classify and process consumer feedback through interaction with customers and stakeholders.
- Report to all concerned stakeholders on business risk in this area.
- Liaison with statutory, regulatory and government agencies.
- Assist in commissioning and start-up of new projects and conduct IQ, OQ, PQ for new equipment installations.
- Validate quality aspects during scale-up trials including travel test and share trial reports to all stakeholders to ensure that all new products are developed and scaled up to meet quality norms.
- Develop new ways of working that would be cost-effective and be within the budget and quality requirements.
- Develop appropriate tracking mechanism to report progress on a daily/weekly/fortnightly /monthly/quarterly and annualized basis on outcomes of the implementation of quality plans.
- Advice immediate/short/long term action plan through the internal web-based systems to address customer issues promptly and maintain excellent customer satisfaction ratings.
- Assist in the investigation of quality-related matters, including coordination with other stakeholders and vendors.
- Review and report compliance status for identified risks.
- Report and track all business risk related to quality non-conformances and escalations.
- A Master’s Degree in Food Technology or an M. Sc. in Food Science.
- 10-15 years of experience in the food industry.
- Thorough knowledge of food safety systems, GMP, GLP, auditing, compliance, training, food testing (including sensory), basic regulatory knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, assertiveness, negotiating capability
How to Apply for Olam Recruitment 2021
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
- Olam is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nationality, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Applicants are requested to complete all required steps in the application process including providing a resume/CV in order to be considered for open roles
To get more updates
- Subscribe to the site sparkgist.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE
- LIKE our Facebook page for direct updates
- FOLLOW our Twitter News Handle for updates
- In case of any issue or challenge or questions, Click Here