United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights.
To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: International Consultant for Reintegration of Children Associated with Armed Groups in North East of Nigeria
Job ID: 543450
Contract Type: Consultancy
Categories: Child Protection
Purpose of this Post
- Under the guidance of the Child Protection in Emergencies (CPiE) manger, provide programme guidance and technical support to enhance UNICEF`s approach on child protection in emergencies, particularly on children formerly associated with armed groups and unaccompanied/separated children in the north east of Nigeria;
- Oversee and coordinate the overall planning and management of the child release and reintegration programme, including prevention of child recruitment and implementation of Action Plans with armed groups;
- Develop and improve technical support for programme approaches, including the strengthening of case management for child protection;
- Support the handover of children and women associated with non-state armed groups to state entities and to ensure their safe, supported safe return and reintegration and recovery from their experiences.
Key Assignments / Tasks
- In close collaboration with the Information Management Specialist and Officers ensure robust data collection to capture the number of beneficiaries reached by the programme and the impact of the programme, including management of the evaluation of the programme.
- Facilitate the training of and ongoing support for state and non-state actors, including community volunteers, on the reintegration of Children Associated with Armed Groups (CAAFAG).
- Facilitate the training of military and security personnel on child protection and engage in advocacy on the handover of children from military authorities to civilian authorities.
- Manage the children associated with armed groups programme, including ensuring timely implementation of activities, timely reporting to the donors, compliance with visibility requirements and compliance with internal UNICEF procedures and processes.
- Support and assist to implant Action Plan with None State Armed Groups (NSAG) including documentation, verification, separation, and reintegration.
- Lead the implementation of social and economic reintegration for Children Associated with Armed Groups (CAAFAG) and monitoring, planning, implementation and management of the reintegration grants including EU grants, prepare donor reports, develop works plan for the reintegration grants.
- Work with partners to ensure better reintegration of children who were associated with None State Armed Groups (NSAG) and including girls and women who have suffered conflict related sexual violence, through the provision of individual psychosocial support, empowerment/livelihoods, peer group support, family tracing, reunification and reconciliation, and community dialogue to promote return and reintegration
- Work with State ministries and other actors to implement community based social and economic reintegration strategy for children associated with armed groups including survivors of conflict related sexual violence. Provide technical guidance for implementation of the strategy and programme on the reintegration of Children Associated with Armed Groups (CAAFAG).
- Support the development of community-based reintegration activities for affected children including girls and women with the support of GBV specialist.
- 11.5 months from the date of signing of the contract.
To Qualify as an Advocate for Every Child You Will Have
- An Advanced University Degree (Master’s or higher) in Social Work, Social Science, Development Studies or its equivalent is required.
- Relevant training and experience in a related field will be considered
- Minimum of 5 years demonstrable professional experience in implementing Child Protection and social and economic reintegration in emergencies including CP case Management required.
- Proven ability to work independently under difficult conditions.
- Excellent communication and advocacy skills.
- Experience in Management of multiple grants including EU grants.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
For every Child, you demonstrate:
Core Values Required:
- Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, Accountability
- Builds and maintains partnerships
- Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness
- Innovates and embraces change
- Drive to achieve results for impact
- Manges ambiguity and complexity
- Thinks and acts strategically
- Works collaboratively with others.
How to Apply for United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund Recruitment
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Application Deadline 12th August, 2021.
Candidates should please submit their all inclusive financial and technical proposal along with the application. Application without these will not be entertained.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.
Qualified Female Candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles.
All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) Recruitment 2021 (recruitment.frsc.gov.ng)
SPIE Oil & Gas Services Recruitment | Employment Opportunities
Airwater Cargo Services Limited Recruitment 2021 | Latest Job Openings
Tertiary Institutions Entrepreneurship Scheme 2021/2022 Loan – CBN TIES Loan
Development Bank of Nigeria Entrepreneurship Training Program 2021
FRSC Recruitment 2021/2022 Application Form Portal
FHI 360 Recruitment Application Form Portal 2021/2022
Federal Government Recruitment : Latest Job Openings
Mudiame University Recruitment of Academic and Non-Academic Staff : Latest Job Openings
Federal Government of Nigeria/UNDP Jubilee Fellowship Programme 2021 for Young Graduates
Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc Recruitment Application Form Portal
Murtala Muhammed Foundation (MMF) Recruitment 2021 | Career Opportunities
How To Confirm If your Npower biometric Is Successfully captured Nasims Portal
Deadline for Npower Batch C Biometrics Fingerprint Verification
How to Resolved Npower Login Issues Fingerprint Verification for Batch C Biometrics
How to Install Nasims Npower Biometrics Software On Your Device
Npower Biometric Enrollment Centers | Capture Your Fingerprint on NASIMS Batch C Portal
United Nigeria Airline Recruitment | Employment Opportunities
Modibbo Adama University of Technology Job Recruitment
Federal Polytechnic Ile-Oluji Job Recruitment Form Portal
Interswitch Job Recruitment and Career Opportunities
Nigeria Union of Teachers (NUT) Job Recruitment Application Form Portal
Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) Job Recruitment
University of Port Harcourt Job Recruitment Application Form Portal
Unilever Nigeria Plc Job Recruitment Application Form Portal
Guinness Nigeria Plc Job Recruitment – Employment Opportunities
Total Nigeria Plc Recruitment for Young Professionals | TotalEnergies Job and How to Apply
Enugu State University of Science and Technology Job Recruitment Form Portal
Halliburton Energy Services Nigeria Limited Job Recruitment Form Portal
HomeyFun Foods Limited Job Recruitment Form Portal – Apply Here
Thomas Adewumi University Recruitment | Latest Job Openings
Deadline for Npower Batch C Biometrics Fingerprint Verification
United Bank for Africa Plc Job Recruitment Application Form – Apply Now
Federal Polytechnic Ekowe Recruitment 2021 | Latest Job Openings
Industrial Training Fund (ITF) – Career Opportunities
U.S. Mission Recruitment 2021 | Latest Job Openings
Rainoil Limited Recruitment Application Form Portal
Ericsson Job Recruitment Application Form Portal 2021
Delta State Polytechnic Job Recruitment Application Form Portal
American University of Nigeria Job Recruitment Application Form Portal
Bank of Industry Loan Application Form Portal | BOI Loan Application Form is Out – Register
SEIFAC/CBN Registration Portal – SEIFAC/CBN Anchor Borrowers Programme Portal 2021
Rapid Response Register (RRR) Stimulus Package For Covid-19 Cash Transfer
How to be updated regularly
Kindly subscribe to the site using your Email address for more updates for FREE
Subscribe to the site www.joecrackconcept.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE
LIKE our Facebook page for direct updates
FOLLOW our Twitter News Handle for updates
In case of any issue or challenge or question
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund Recruitment 2021
January 16, 2021
UNICEF Recruitment Application Form Portal 2020/2021
November 18, 2020
United Nations Children’s Fund Recruitment 2018/2019 – Apply Here
August 31, 2018
Filed Under: Job
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Join Us on FaceBook for direct Update
Ave Maria University, Piyanko (AMU) Recruitment | Latest Job Openings
AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) Recruitment | Career Opportunities
Pathfinder International Recruitment | Career Opportunities
Simba Group Graduate Trainee Program 2021 – Apply Here
Unilever Nigeria Plc Recruitment | Latest Career Openings
Nigeria Navy Recruitment
Federal Government Loan and Grant
Civil Defence Recruitment
Nigeria Customs Recruitment
Nigeria Airforce Recruitment
Nigeria Police Recruitment
Nigerian Army Recruitment
Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment
Federal Fire Service Recruitment
Federal Government Jobs in Nigeria
To get more updates
- Subscribe to the site sparkgist.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE
- LIKE our Facebook page for direct updates
- FOLLOW our Twitter News Handle for updates
- In case of any issue or challenge or questions, Click Here