This is to inform you that the UNAOC Youth Solidarity Fund (YSF) Registration Form and application Portal for all interested and qualified persons is now open.
- Open to youth-led organizations registered and/or operational in one of the eligible countries;
- Registered youth-led organizations with projects entirely developed and managed by youth and for the benefit of youth.
Eligibility for Youth Organizations
- Be youth-led: a majority of the positions and decision-making roles within the organization are held by women and men between the ages of 18 and 35;
- Be a non-profit, non-governmental organization (except for national youth councils) registered in the country of operation as a charity, trust, foundation, or association;
- Be officially registered and operational for a minimum of two years prior to the deadline for applications with funding base and project implementation (operating in December 2018 or earlier);
- Be registered and operate in one of the aforementioned countries;
- Have a democratic governance structure and decision-making mechanism, including consultative processes in formulating priorities and policies;
- Have an ability to demonstrate proper and consistent monitoring, evaluation, and record-keeping of their activities, including project evaluation reports and financial accounts;
- Have a gender perspective/balance reflected in their staff, beneficiaries, and activities;
- Have no adherence to or affiliations with violent ideologies or antagonism against any particular country, culture, religion or belief system, ethnic group, gender, etc.; and
- Did not receive funding under past editions of YSF or did not receive the Intercultural Innovation Award.
Eligibility for Projects
All submitted projects must fulfil every one of the following criteria to be eligible and reviewed by the Selection Committee:
- Origin: The project was developed and written by youth;
- Target Audience: The project targets youth primarily. Gender balance among project participants is ensured;
- Objective: The project contributes to advancing UNAOC’s mandate of promoting a more socially inclusive world by building mutual respect among peoples of different cultural and religious identities;
- Management: The project is managed by a youth-led organization, responding to all eligibility criteria mentioned above;
- Project Coordinator: The Project Coordinator is demonstrably affiliated to the applying organization and is between the ages of 18 and 35 at the time of the application;
- Duration and Timing: The project must be implemented between May 2021 and May 2022. Final reports will need to be submitted by May 1, 2022 at the latest;
- Location: Project activities are implemented in the eligible country(ies);
- Budget: The organization needs to guarantee its capacity to implement all proposed project elements with the funds requested. The amount requested must be no more than 50 per cent of the organization’s annual budget in 2019. Grants provided by UNAOC will not exceed USD $25,000. The scope of the project and the amount requested is not a determining factor in the selection process. Projects with smaller budgets are encouraged to apply;
- English: Application and CV/resume of the Project Coordinator must be submitted in English only;
- Registration certificate and statute: Copies of a registration certificate and a statute need to be attached to the application form. They can be submitted in the original language of the country where the organization is registered. Translations may be requested at a later stage of the selection process.
How to Apply for UNAOC YSF 2020/2021
To be considered complete and valid, the application package must include the following and be submitted through the online application form, Click here to apply
- The application form, completed and certified by the applicant’s organization;
- A copy of the registration certificate of the applicant’s organization;
- A copy of the statutes/by-laws of the applicant’s organization;
- An organizational chart depicting the ages of key decision-makers within the organization;
- A biography of the current Executive/Managing Director, showing the date of birth (one page maximum);
- The resume/CV of the project coordinator (two pages maximum);
- A picture or scan of the project coordinator’s passport identification page. If the project coordinator does not have a passport, upload his or her national identification card.
For more information, visit UNAOC
We thought you should also know about