Job scams, fake jobs/recruitment, fake interview invitations are the talk of the day in Nigeria today. Thousands of Nigerians have fall victims of fake job alert and fake job interviews, most persons have been scammed, extorted, doped of money, time, and resources all in the name of seeking for a job opportunity.
Identify fake Job/recruitment 2021
Many strategies have been employed by these set of person just to extort money of job applicants across the country.
It not long that a fake Npower screening test site was opened to collect useful personal data from npower applicants, likewise the Nigeria Custom Service fake exam slip printing site was created to extort about #3,500 from NCS applicants.
On a daily basis, scammers flood the internet to make money in the expenses of others not minding the financial status of the person involved. That is why we are writing this post to awaken you to some of scammer’s tricks.
How do you identify a fake job? How will I know that it is job interview?
So many Job applicants are complaining and sharing their experiences in the hands of fake scam companies who send bulk SMS, inviting people for interview only to introduce them to marketing business, asking them to buy money to get the job, some even get killed or kidnapped along the line.
For instance: extorting #5,000 from a graduate who have been unemployed for years, letting him/her waste transport fare, time all in the name of getting a job which is even a fake one.
The painful experience is wasting a whole day all in the name of job interview.
Imagine an applicant paying #3,500 for a federal government free interview/exam; this is very bad and unlawful.
Imagine a graduate scammed of #300,000 to get shell, AGIP, Mobil job among others, promising theme to make up to half a million or more within 1 month. Due to the current situation of the country they fall prey to such enticing words.
In sparkgist.com, we are here to help you identify some fake jobs posted in the internet and offline job adverts.
How to identify Fake Job or Fake Job Interview SMS/invitation
- Always remember that the federal government job recruitment exercises are FREE OF CHARGE from registration down to date of issuance of appointment letter.
- Federal government or job employers will not send you an SMS asking you to call a number, all instructions will be contained in the SMS or your email address used for the registration.
- Message bears and sometimes does not bear a company name: These days they have advance to the extent of sending job alert with a highly respected company in the country or world. If you receive such message or email please verify very well before you make any move. While most of these scammers won’t include their names on the message you will receive. All you will see are the address, the time and date and a phone number. A genuine company will not hide its identity from a potential employee.
- Message contains “interview/job briefing”: A company will not sent you job briefing when they know you actually applied for it. It shows it’s a scam.
- The job contains codes or reference: HR=0506 or REF=025. This is an indication of the code number of the person who invited you to the “job briefing” Real jobs will not give you code for the job you applied for.
- You will see Human Resources Admin in the message instead of company name
- Creation of fake site: Some have gone far to clone the real site. Always check URL of the site and always verify it from google.com
- Salary Amount is very High: Most of the advert you see in flyer, streets, walls posting huge amount of salary to some job positions. Example, cleaner #60,000 per week, all scam.
If you have any experiences in the hands of these scammers, kindly share some in the comment section below to educate others.
To get more Updates
- Subscribe to the site sparkgist.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE
- LIKE our Facebook page for direct updates
- FOLLOW our Twitter News Handle for updates
- In case of any issue or challenge or questions, Click Here