The Federal Government of Nigeria has released an official statement that from January 2020, millions of Nigerians without TIN may be denied access to their bank accounts as regards to the recent passage of Finance Bill as amended by the National Assembly.
TIN stands for Tax Identification Number. A Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) is an identifying number used for tax purposes in Nigeria.
What does No TIN No Bank Account Mean?
The assembly had amended sections 33, 49 & 58 of the Personal Income Tax Act, making it mandatory for individuals to produce their Tax Identification Numbers (TIN) before they can operate existing or new bank accounts in Nigeria.
All Nigerians who do not have TIN will not be able to operate their bank accounts from January 2nd, 2020.
How to verify TIN on FIRS Verification System
All interested individuals can verify whether they have TIN or not by visiting
JTB TIN Registration Process
- Joint Task Board (JTB)| Individual Tax Payer and Non-Individual Tax Payer
- Select your Date of Birth.
- Select your preferred search criteria from the Select Criteria Dropdown-TIN or NIN or BVN or Registered Phone Number
- Provide the appropriate value based on the search criteria in Step 2 above
- Confirm you are not a robot by checking the reCAPTCHA Box
- Click the Search button
For more updates
- Subscribe to the site sparkgist.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE
- LIKE our Facebook page for direct updates
- FOLLOW our Twitter News Handle for updates
- In case of any issue or challenge or questions, Click Here