Apply now for the 2018 West African Examination Council (WAEC) recruitment, interested applicants are hereby invites applications from suitably qualified for the job position listed below in the WAEC organization
Job Title: Registrar/Head of Mission
Location: Council’s Headquarters in Accra, Ghana
- The Registrar is the Chief Executive of the Council and Head of Mission. As Secretary to Council and Head of the Secretariat, the Registrar is responsible for the efficient conduct of the Council’s operations in the member countries.
Qualifications and Experience
- In addition, he/she must have had at least fifteen (15) years post-graduate experience, six of which must have been in positions of leadership in comparable testing organizations.
- Applicants must not be below the rank of Director or its equivalent.
- Serving officers of the Council who wish to apply must not be below the rank of Deputy Registrar.
- Applicants, who must not exceed 58 years of age on assumption of duty, should be seasoned administrators of unquestionable character.
- Each applicant must have a good University degree or equivalent academic and/or relevant professional qualification.
- Possession of Master’s Degree in Educational Measurement & Evaluation or Administration will be an added advantage.
- Each applicant must have had appreciable training and work experience in administration, preferably in a similar educational setting.
The position of the Registrar is filled by contract appointment for a term of five years renewable for a maximum of two years.
- The salary for the position is very attractive and compares favourably with those paid to Chief Executives of other intergovernmental organizations in the sub-region.
- There are several fringe benefits attached to the position, including free accommodation, official chauffeur-driven car, expatriate allowance, education allowance (for up to a maximum of four children who are in educational institutions), domestic staff and paid annual leave.
How To Apply to apply for WAEC Recruitment 2018
Interested and qualified candidates should submit 15 original hard copies of their Applications (should be word processed) together with up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and Photocopies of Credentials. The Curriculum Vitae should cover:
- Age, marital status, number and ages of children;
- Educational qualifications, including names of institutions attended (with dates), degrees, certificates, diplomas obtained;
- Working history for the past 15 years, stating names of organizations, positions held and reasons for leaving;
- Academic honours, papers presented and/or published, citations;
- Names of Three Referees who must be persons of good standing (not relatives). Applicants should inform their Referees to send their reports direct to the Chairman of Council under “Confidential” cover, not later than September 30, 2018.
Each applicant must submit a two-page statement of his/her Vision and Mission for the Council. All applications should reach the Council on or before the closing date and should be addressed to:
The West African Examinations Council,
P.O. Box GP 125, Accra,
30th September, 2018.