Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) Recruitment 2019/2020 – Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) recruitment 2019/2020 is currently ongoing for all interested and qualified persons or candidates to apply using the application link below.
Available SPDC 2019/2020 Job Recruitment
SPDC are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
1.) Senior Project Engineer
2.) Senior Electrical and Instrumentation Construction Engineer
Job Description of Senior Project Engineer in SPDC
- Brownfield Project Engineer in the Bonga Asset Projects team reporting to the Bonga Asset Projects Portfolio Manager.
- Role is accountable to develop assigned projects from front end design, through detailed design to commissioning and closure. Adhering to Shell HSSE standards and to deliver within budget, schedule and quality requirements
- Managing delivery via contractors and resources drawn from the matrix organisation.
- The model to deliver these project will be typically via external contractor resources.
Accountabilities for Senior Project Engineer in SPDC
- Responsible for visible leadership in HSSE to drive Goal Zero.
- Demonstate high ethical standard
- Develop the scope of assigned projects and progress though the relevant decision gates including preparation of schedules and cost estimate. Projects are usually for topsides facilities.
- Development of contract strategy to execute the assigned scope. Sometime these will need a dedicated contract and thus role may require candicate to be responsible for managing the contract.
- Focus on interface management, interface controls and follow-up.
- Manage the relationships with various discipline engineers, contract packages and other stakeholders.
- Responsible for project controls and ensures that the Portfolio Manager is kept informed of the progress of the work and highlighting significant deviations from plans and providing proposals for remedial actions.
- Preparation of engineering package to define the scope appropriate for the project phase, inline with the expectation of fit-for-purpose project development and the team’s desire to move to top quartile brownfield performance.
- Development, review and approval of contractor quotations and monitoring of their costs.
- Must have a continuous improvement mindset.
- Make appropriate use of the expertise of Shell to ensure that the project quality and technical integrity requirements are met.
- Engagement with all local government agencies and regulatory authourities.
Requirements for Senior Project Engineer in SPDC
- Minimum 2nd Class Lower Degree in Engineering (B.Sc, B.Eng or higher) and at least 10 years experience in offshore oil & gas development, perferably FPSO experience.
- More than 3 years experience in project execution in the offshore or deepwater environment, including design, contracting, procurement, fabrication, offshore construction, commissioning, and start-up
- Have a qualification in Project Management.
- Registered with COREN
- High personal energy level and a proven track record in achieving stretched personal and business goals. Able to maintain composure under pressure.
- Skilled in presentation and communications
- Skill in MS Office applications and familiar with Primavera P6
- Strong interpersonal skills able to influence and and develop relationships across teams, and to deliver though others.
- Ability to work and manage in a diverse, multi-cultural environment.
How to Apply for Senior Project Engineer in SPDC
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online
Roles & Responsibilities for Senior Electrical and Instrumentation Construction Engineer at SPDC
- The position holder will have overall accountability to plan, organize, develop, lead and execute the electrical and instrumentation construction scope within the Bonga Asset Portfolio Projects within a complex deepwater brownfield environment.
- The position would ensure that all electrical and instrumentation construction activities are executed safely, on schedule, within budget and to the specifications and quality standards defined for the project.
The deliverables for the position include:
- Carry out analyses and calculations to verify that specified electrical and instrument design and performance requirements are satisfied and are in compliance with all applicable codes, standards, rules and regulations.
- Develop and implement a ‘Work Safely’ initiative with respect to electrical and instrumentation construction offshore on Bonga FPSO
- Conduct constructability reviews and risk assessments for electrical and instrumentation scopes
- Manage the construction electrical and instrumentation interfaces with the design disciplines and also Bonga operations and maintenance teams
- Develop and implement electrical and instrumentation construction execution plans for each project and lead the implementation offshore Bonga FPSO
- Plan, manage and integrate electrical and instrumentation scopes in order to optimize resources allocations within the brownfield offshore environment
- Manage and drive the achievement of safety, cost, quality and schedule targets for onshore construction and offshore installation of electrical and instrumentation work scopes.
- Provide electrical and instrumentation construction inputs into SIMOPs, HAZOP, HAZID, SAFOP etc and other technical safety activities
- Conduct assurance of electrical and instrumentation construction equipment assurance for compliance to standards/requirements prior to deployment to construction site.
- Manage Permit To Work process during offshore construction execution of electrical and instrumentation scopes on Bonga FPSO
- Prepare and/or review and sign-off electrical and instrumentation construction and installation work packages
- Initiate and implement changes in electrical and instrumentation work scopes using Shell’s change management process
- Review and implement ComPex requirements at onshore and offshore construction worksites
- Develop and implement electrical and instrumentation construction resource plans and forecasts
Requirements for Senior Electrical and Instrumentation Construction Engineer at SPDC
Qualifications & Experience:
- The position holder should have a minimum 2nd Class Lower degree in engineering and at least 8-15 years of experience in the Oil and Gas Industry with a minimum of 5yrs as an electrical and instrument construction engineer within an oil and gas offshore environment, preferably deepwater.
- Strong experience in electrical and instrumentation detail design, construction, installation, commissioning and start-up.
- Experienced in design and implementation of integrated control and shutdown systems and Low Voltage and High Voltage power systems
- Demonstrated skills in electrical and instrumentation design integrity and completeness checks including the review of bill of materials
- Strong experience in field instrument specifications (Level, Pressure, Flow etc) installations, calibrations and commissioning
- Experience in brownfield control and electrical system upgrade will be an added advantage
- Strong HSE commitment and demonstrated HSE leadership skills.
- Experience with FPSO and Topsides electrical and instrumentation construction management.
- Demonstrated capability to proactively implement plans and follow through with sustained execution, meeting project milestones.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to work across organizational boundaries.
- Ability to work with and influence multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams, and internal stakeholders.
- Ability to deal with substantial uncertainty and multiple, often conflicting, goals and priorities while staying focused on delivery.
How to Apply for Senior Electrical and Instrumentation Construction Engineer at SPDC
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online
Closing Date for SPDC Job Recruitment 2019/2020
Application Closing Date is 14th July, 2019