- I cannot find my name on the Npower Shortlist Why
- Why can’t I find my name on the Npower list of shortlisted candidates
The Npower list of successfully shortlisted candidates has been released and all candidates who applied for the 2017 NPOWER PROGRAMME are now checking for their names on the list via their registration details (BVN, phone number etc).
If you have not checked your name CLICK HERE
Applicants of the Npower have been checking their name to check if they have begin selected, but they are not due to some reasons which has been listed in this post.
Before we go into some reasons behind you not being pre-selected first we will like to give the the break down of the 2017 NPOWER APPLICATION BREAKDOWN
- 2,543,079 applicants applied for the 2017 Graduate Npower programmes
- 2,258,266 applicants had their BVN validated before they could process to the online assessment test phase
- 1,746,454 applicants responded to the invitation to write the online assessment test
- 300,000 applicants have been Pre-selected for physical verification stage
Remember that the Npower programme is aimed at employing ONLY 300,000 applicants, which the selection has been done.
Reason behind why some applicants were not pre-selected for the 2017 NPOWER LIST OF SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES. We believe that during your registration, some applicants selected a well developed areas (URBAN AREAS) for example choosing Port Harcourt, Abuja, Lagos etc as their area of resident neglecting that the programme was meant to rural areas of the country. The Npower programme is to help develop the rural areas.
GENERAL CONSIDERATION IN THE PRE-SELECTION OF 2017 NPOWER APPLICANTS
- Applicants BVN validation
- Online assessment test
RELEVANT FACTORS/PILLARS OF SELECTION
- Achieving equity
- Linking selection to population using the federal constituencies
- Addressing demand distribution of unemployed graduates
- Taking into account deployment/utilization issues from 2016
- Correcting deployment/utilization challenges among 2017 Npower beneficiaries
- Rural-Urban Distribution balance priority was given to rural areas especially Npower Agro
- Programme allocation- Teach/Agric/Health
300,000 have been pre-selected for the physical verification stage. Applicants and the general public must note that pre-selection does not mean that you have been finally selected.
DATE FOR THE PHYSICAL VERIFICATION
UPDATE: Npower will commence the Physical Verification for 2017 pre-selected applicants from 4th December, 2017 and the exercise will last till December 14th, 2017.