Chemonics International is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant job positions in their company. Interested candidates should kindly follow the job application guidelines below to apply successfully.
Chemonics International – We’re one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Manager, Financial Reporting
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world.
- The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s maternal and child health, and population and reproductive health programs.
- GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems-strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Senior Manager Financial Reporting to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Nigeria.
- The Senior Manager will work closely with the Chief Finance Advisor and the Director of Supply Chain Financial Management and Reporting and is responsible for providing financial data that will aid in the monitoring, directing, and executing tasks related to financial management and reporting.
- Monitors and tracks project office monthly burn rate across all funding streams and provides pipeline analysis to ensure seamless cashflow to finance project operations and implementation of funding activities
- Prepare and analyze accurate monthly financial and management reports, including Locals, budget and variance, projections and forecast, and cash flow
- Works closely with the Situation Room and audit unit to ensure subcontractor forecasting and pipelines are accurate
- Support the implementation of budget tracking system to monitor planned activities based on the approved work plan budget;
- Review monthly expenditure forecast with task order managers and wire transfer request for planned activities for the purpose of ensuring program operations and activities are within budget;
- Provide factual and analytical budget performance reporting.
- Work closely with the Situation Room Finance team on data capture relating to funding stream updates, payments, and reconciliations
- Supports annual/periodic audits for the field office and SAII Associates
- Coordinate the preparation of financial information in the corporate annual report and quarterly reports to the Mission
- Recommend and report upon benchmarks against which to measure organizational performance.
- Production of cash flow reports, annual budget, and forecasts.
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
- Provide a system of management cost reports.
- Supports the preparation, implementation and monitoring of the project annual work plan budget and Chemonics Field Office corporate forecasting, liaising with the PMU
- The Senior Manager’s Financial Reporting will report directly to the Chief Finance Advisor or his/her designee.
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment:
- This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Abuja, Nigeria.
Qualifications and Requirements
- University Degree or equivalent in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Economics, or another relevant field.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in program administration and financial management.
- Previous professional experience with international donor programs.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively within a team
- Possess excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Fluency in and demonstrated application of financial and project management systems
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Leads effective meetings and demonstrated presentation skills
- Fluency in English is required.
- Experience using project and finance management tools, systems, and trackers required
- Moderate to Expert level Microsoft application skills required, including Office, SharePoint, and Excel; knowledge of Smartsheet and Microsoft Power BI strongly preferred
- In-depth knowledge of the operating environment and employment regulations in Nigeria.
- Experience in bookkeeping and accounting
- Results-oriented professional capable of achieving targets and goals set in cooperation with the client, counterparts, and stakeholders;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
3rd February 2023