PTDF Recruitment 2018- PTDF Oil and Gas accepts applications from suitably qualified candidates for appointment into the position listed below:
Job Title: Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) Professorial Chair in Petroleum Geology
Advert Ref: UNP/SSR.37
Location: Department of Geology, Faculty of Physical Sciences, University of Nigeria, Nsukka
Qualifications and Experience
A candidate for this position must be an acclaimed Professor of Geology carrying out frontline research in the following general areas:
- Petroleum Systems Analysis of Nigeria’s Inland Sedimentary Basins (Dahomey, Anambra, Benue, Borno Basins),
- Shale gas and other unconventional petroleum resources of Nigeria’s sedimentary basins.
- Evaluation of Contribution of Cretaceous Source Rocks to Niger Delta Basin Petroleum;
- Reservoir Characterization of Niger Delta Fields and Rocks Property Models, Onshore to Deep Water.
In addition, the holder of the Professorial Chair should have:
- Demonstrated evidence of extensive experience of successful practice of teaching and research as adjudged by the profile of his/her curriculum vitae and references from not less than three recognized referees;
- Carried out research and published extensively in relevant aspects of Petroleum Geoscience;
- A commitment to work full-time while devoting himself/herself completely to the challenges of academic excellent implicit in the position;
- The capacity to foster linkages with persons and institutions both nationally and internationally in the pursuit of excellence in knowledge and practice in Geology;
- Ability to adopt a team approach in research with other persons in the Department/Faculty.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- As approved by the PTDF, the appointment will be for three years and is renewable for another period of two years subject to adjudged performance.
- The Chair Occupant will enjoy a competitive salary which is equivalent of a professorial rank in Nigerian University and a top up, plus other attractive enhancement/incentives.
- The Chair Occupant will be required to give an annual lecture, publish and disseminate research results, and organize major seminar/lectures/symposia.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward ten (10) copies of their Curriculum Vitae stating phone numbers, e-mail addresses, age, marital status, qualifications, experience (teaching, research and publications) to:
University of Nigeria,
Application Closing Date:
2nd January, 2017.
Note: Candidates are also advised to request their referees to forward confidential report on them to the Registrar.
For more information about PTDF RECRUITMENT AND ALSO UP COMING PTDF SCHOLARSHIP, kindly subscribe to this site using your email. Subscription is totally free.
You have a problem or complaint SPEAK WITH US
Also make use of our share button below: to inform your friends, families via Facebook, Twitter, Google+ etc