Action Against Hunger is looking for qualified candidates to recruit into their company in order to fill their job vacancies. Interested candidates should see contents of this article for the job application procedures.
Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
Locations: Potiskum, Yobe
Job Type: Full Time
Technical Manager: Finance Head of Department – Abuja
LIne Manager: Operations Support Coordinator
Level: Senior Manager/Supervisor
Proposed Start date: July 2022
- Action Against Hunger is currently looking to fill the role of Finance Manager who will work closely with the Head of Finance in providing high quality financial management information for effective programme implementation and maintaining financial accounting systems in line with the mission’s finance policies and procedures at the base level.
- The role primarily involves but not limited to timely consolidation and submission of base treasury needs, monitoring of Budget Follow Ups (BFU), base financial reporting and managing the performance of the finance team at the base.
- Implement effective accounting procedures at the field level and ensuring that these procedures are respected;
- Facilitate the comprehensiveness and precision of entries and the correct budgetary charging of expenses;
- Supervision of monthly closure of field financial books and completion of cash count and bank reconciliation;
- Monthly update of all accounting related documentation including reconciliation of bank and cash books;
- Review the field monthly accountancy to ensure correctness of account codes, budget lines and descriptions used and feedback is sent to all admins on accountancy;
- Monitor base compliance with in-country tax policies which includes ensuring WHT is filed and is deducted from suppliers and recorded correctly in accountancy;
- Implement the best practices of maintaining a good tax system at the base level;
- In collaboration with budget holders, develop forecast and monitor each financial lines as well as incorporating budget forecast in BFU.
- Organize & lead monthly BFU meetings at the base & provide updates to Finance HoD when required;
- In collaboration with the Finance Head of Department, monitor level of over/underspending per budget lines and also communicate any information that may have impact on the mission financials and grant management in line following donor guidelines and procedures;
- Implement the mission Cash Management procedures;
- Review and validate payment for purchases falling within the monthly forecast of his/her base
- In collaboration with program managers for each grant at the base, ensure good forecast in line with the mission spending plan
- Ensure expenditures are in line with the forecast prepared, analyse discrepancy between cash and budget forecast and put in place corrective measures
- With the help of Capital Finance Officer, monitor funds & ensure that there is a low balance towards end of the month
- Organize BFU & forecast meetings with all key staff (finance & Non-finance) to ensure the team is well trained on BFU & recognize the importance of BFU
- To develop and conduct training for finance staff on accounting policies & tools at the base level;
- Identify the training needs of finance team at the base and develop training plana and capacity building sessions;
- Provide induction/briefing on accountancy to all field employees joining finance department;
- Conduct regular refresher trainings on accounting tools to new/existing finance staff on regular basis;
- Ensure proper filing of grants vouchers (review hard documents, review archiving process with the Capital finance team in close coordination with Finance HoD
- Conduct internal Audit from time to time by using FAP “Financial Audit tool” and share report with Finance HoD when required;
- Support head of finance department in identifying risks of fraud and corruption and setting up preventive and monitoring mechanisms;
- Report cases fraud or suspicions of fraud cases following the proper channel.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or a related business management field.
- Having a Master’s Degree or relevant professional membership (ACCA, ICAN) is an added advantage;
- At least 3 years of experience with a strong financial background with experience in team management;
- Proven management, representation, and coordination skills (managing people and processes);
- Excellent writing and analytical skills (ability to analyze budgets and make financial forecasts);
- Rigorous organizational and administrative skills (definition of priorities, delegation, training);
- Familiarity with main AAH donors and donor procedures (BHA, ECHO, FCDO);
- Prior experience in conducting and delivering audit support to mission;
- Strong computer skills particularly in MS Excel, literacy, and numeracy;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Significant experience in INGOs in recovery and complex emergencies;
- Fluent in English;
- Working knowledge of SAGA accounting system.
- N718,840 Monthly (excluding other benefits).
- Other benefits include but not limited to:
100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online
Job Title: Operations Support Coordinator
Locations: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Full Time
Technical Manager: Deputy Country Director-Support
LIne Manager: Area Coordinator
Level: Senior Manager/Supervisor
Proposed Start date: As soon as possible
- We are looking to fill the role of Operations Support Coordinator to join the team in Maiduguri, Borno state.
- The Operations Support Coordinator provides leadership and management of all the Support Service functions and systems at regional/field level, including Logistics, Finance and HR & Administration Management, to ensure quality support to programme implementation is maintained in line with AAH Mission in Nigeria Country Strategy, internal policies, best practices and donor guidelines.
- Supporting the development and implementation of the field support aspects of the Country strategic plan;
- Supporting the development and implementation of the Support Department regional strategic plan (Finance, Logistics, Admin and Human Resources);
- Monitoring on progress of the support department plans, and reporting on a quarterly basis;
- Ensuring inter and intra departmental coordination between support and program implementation teams for the development of planning and management tools such as the mission funding plan, HR forecasting, supply plan and equipment forecasts among others;
- Conducting regular analysis of field structure costs, to ensure synergy with overall mission structure and strategy, in order to ensure quality proposal development;
- Provide technical and operational guidance to Monguno and Damasak team. Ensure that their support needs are addressed for smooth and effective project implementation;
- Coordination and development of the support aspects of proposal writing and budget building (forecast of specific logistics needs, support HR needs) in line with donor regulations and ACF internal procedures;
- Anticipation of complex procurement, importation, finance or HR requirements;
- Maintaining effective and timely implementation of support needed for each project;
- Alerting the Field Coordination to any unforeseen challenges and proposing mitigation/corrective measures to be implemented;
- Identifying the constraints and opportunities within HR, logistics, admin and finance in relation to any potential humanitarian response, and briefing the Field Coordinator and departmental/ project managers accordingly.
- Line managing Finance, HR and logistics Field Managers: Assigning objectives, performing regular coordination meetings with the finance, HR and logistics managers to ensure sound management of individuals and synergy of objectives/vision among the team.
- Ensuring that ACF financial, logistics and HR Guidelines are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure organizational compliance with donor policies and guidelines, in addition to country specific (Nigerian) regulations.
- Coordination with finance and logistics managers to ensure synergy between cash flow and procurement planning to meet operational need.
- Ensuring that a robust system of controls is in place and maintained.
- Facilitating meetings with support department and project managers on a regular basis to ensure coordination of all cross-over issues.
- Facilitating effective communications between Field Coordinators, and field level support managers to ensure support department performance remains optimal.
- Developing where needed, clear guidelines, ways of working and tools to ensure a more effective support to program development and implementation.
- Promoting respect of the ACF Charter, and working to prevent all forms of abuse of power or position.
- Coordination between field logistic, finance and HR departments to ensure all procedures related to purchasing, reporting, archiving and tax liability are strictly adhered to.
- Carry out and document systematic and spot control within logistics, finance and HR activities
- Supervise implementation of audit action points in the base;
- Ensuring that payroll, taxes, insurance and other deductible contributions are accounted, paid, and reconciled properly;
- Lead external audit preparedness activities in the base in collaboration with support HoDs and audit HOD;
- Serve as base focal person for all fraud and misconduct cases whenever required;
- Participating in identifying operational risks and keep the operational risks register regularly updated;
- Follow up implementation of operational risks mitigation measures and raise alert when required;
- Provide oversight function in ensuring that all ACF policies and procedures are adhered to by the support team in Monguno, Damasak and Maiduguri Field Offices.
- Prepare and share/submit OSCO monthly report on time to provide insight into the overall efficiency of the organization;
- Ensure monthly Logistics, Supply, Finance and HR reports are prepared and submitted on time.
- Effective reporting and sharing of information from meetings or training with relevant personnel
- Ensure feedback and recommendations from HoDs on monthly reports are integrated and implemented for a continuous quality in reporting;
- Provide relevant input to the mission monthly sitrep.
- Working with Programme Managers and Support department heads to learn departmental needs and goals;
- Observing, reviewing and analyzing processes to identify inefficiencies and areas where improvements could be made;
- Identifying and resolving any problems that will occur in the operation processes;
- Designing and maintaining clear operational guides to ensure consistency of operations;
- Collaborating with management and executives to set departmental and organization-wide goals;
- Maintenance of high technical standards;
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required and be responsible for reporting and communication of progress and achievement of the specific assigned task;
- The employee is also required to conduct all duties in a professional manner following Action Against Hunger Nigeria mission staff regulations, mandate and charter including promotion of gender equality.
- Minimum of Master’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Logistics and / or Social / Humanitarian / Development Studies or equivalent;
- At least 3 years humanitarian experience in country level senior management/coordination role in complex emergency/insecure context;
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills;
- Minimum of 5 years with INGOs in emergency and complex settings;
- Proven management and coordination skills (Finance, HR, and Logistics);
- Proven ability to translate analysis and evaluation into operational planning and strategy;
- Excellent communication, writing and reporting skills;
- Diplomacy, negotiation and mediation skills;
- Excellent organizational, leadership, and motivational/training skills and experience;
- Must be disciplined and able to work autonomously and arrive at decisions and conclusions with minimal guidance;
- The person must be able to set own deadlines and meet them consistently;
- Practical experience and/or training in safety and security management;
- Proven experience in proposal writing and budget development;
- HR management experience and financial management experience.
- NGN830,693 (excluding other benefits)
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible.
- Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2022.