World Health Organization (WHO) Recruitment- World Health Organization (WHO) is recruiting qualified candidates to fill the position of an Executive Officer. Interested candidates should kindly apply below.World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Officer
Job No: 2208803
Schedule: Full Time
Contractual Arrangement: Fixed-term appointment
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): two years
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
Objectives of the Programme
- To ensure that effective WHO Country presence is established to implement WHO Country Cooperation Strategies that are aligned with member States’ health agenda and harmonized with the United Nations country team.
- Under the overall guidance of the WHO Country Representative and direct supervision of the Operations officer, the incumbent supports the WHO Country Representative in ensuring efficient and effective management of the WHO Country Office.
- Specifically, the incumbent will: Oversee the WHO Country Representative’s office correspondence information flow: analyze information, identify priorities, initiate responses when appropriate and ensure requisite and timely follow up on actions, monitor progress, provide regular updates to WHO Country Representative.
- Edit correspondence as well as other documentation prepared for WHO Country Representative’s signature, ensuring compliance with rules, regulations and procedures and initiate responses, as appropriate.
- Assist the WHO Country Representative in liaising with clusters, states and zonal offices aswell as with government partners and international organizations, including the UN, etc., concerning the WHO Country Representative’s agenda.
- Support the organization of meetings, of Committees or Boards chaired by WR namely, Development Partners Group, GFATM Resource Mobilization Committee, UN Dispensary, UN Team Group on HIVIAIDS, among others. Keep updated records on all events/meetings and organize the reminder of the key actors.
- Create and update on monthly basis the master list of key activities of WCO that will include the events of partners that required WHO attention/participation and share it with the Cluster heads, technical and administrative officers.
- Assist in the preparation of the quarterly and annual reports of the WCO activities by compiling the contributions and maintain the list of addresses for documentation sharing internally and externally.
- Coordinate the administrative services of the Country Representatives Office.
- Coordinate the services the WCO registry.
- Perform quality check functions on GSM transactions reassigned, or on request for the Country Representative’s approval.
- At the mandate of the Country Representative, Supervise and participate in meetings organized by various clusters at the WCO and assist in the production of reports for such meetings.
- Support the WHO Country Representative in the preparation of briefing documents/materials, papers and reports for use on official trips and meetings.
- Make travel arrangements for the WHO Country Representative, support in the travel claims and reports preparation.
- Attend meetings with the WHO Country Representative, whenever requested, prepare reports and ensure timely and efficient follow up on implementation of agreed actions.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Essential: First University Degree in Public or Business Administration, Economics, Social Sciences.
- Desirable: Post-graduate training in Management or Business Administration would be an added asset.
- Essential: At least 1 year of relevant experience in efficiently and effectively managing the Office of aninter-governmental/international organization
- Desirable: Relevant experience involving the application of administrative and management principles and Practices within the United Nations system.
- Ability to multi-task and complete assignments with efficiency, adhering to deadlines and emergency/shifting priorities
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with a confirmed ability to switch priorities at short notice, as and when required
- Ability to act independently and exercise mature judgment
- Excellent drafting skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to enable effective interaction with staff and partners at all levels and with varying cultural backgrounds, as well as an ability to exercise tact and discretion at all times.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Knowing and managing yourself
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
- Desirable: Intermediate knowledge of Local Language.
- Remuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at NGN 15,350,976 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
Mode of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
10:59 PM: 10th October, 2022.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position.
- WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO prides itself on a workforce that adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards and that is committed to put the WHO Values Charter into practice.
- WHO has zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct (i.e., discrimination, abuse of authority and harassment).
- All members of the WHO workforce have a role to play in promoting a safe and respectful workplace and should report to WHO any actual or suspected cases of SEA, sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct.
- To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organization, WHO will conduct a background verification of final candidates.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This is a National Professional Officer position. Therefore, only applications from nationals of the country where the duty station is located will be accepted. Applicants who are not nationals of this country will not be considered