The General Ibrahim Attahiru Foundation (GIAF) is an independent and non-partisan foundation named after the late Chief of Army Staff (COAS) of Nigeria, Lieutenant General Ibrahim Attahiru, who passed away on the 21st of May 2021, while on active duty in the service of Nigeria.
The Foundation is set up to ensure the perpetuation the ideals and qualities he embodied both as a military service leader and in his personal life as a man of integrity, generosity, kindness of heart expressed in the various ways he helped fellow Nigerians.
Our Mission is, leadership, peace, and improvement of social wellbeing of disadvantaged groups. Our priority focus are: strategic leaders ship;peacebuilding;human & social development; mental health and psycho-social support;research and defence advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications and Admin Assistant (Volunteer)
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Volunteer
- Helping to implement communications projects and strategies;
- Drafting and editing materials and communications copy;
- Collecting information and data as well as maintaining databases;
- Creating content and updating the organisation’s Social Media handles;
- Providing support to all the Foundation’s planned activities.
- Providing support for Communication strategy and action plan;
- Managing Social Media Account and report on all activities of the Foundation;
- Developing user friendly quality information, education and communication (IEC) materials;
- Preparing periodic newsletters on project’s progress;
- Updating the organisation’s website in coordination with website/consultant firm;
- Preparing communication related materials and agenda for the meetings, and events;
- Responding to the official requests of callers, beneficiaries, and staff of the Foundation;
- Carrying out all Administrative functions and responsibilities as delegated;
- Monitoring public perception of the project and its documentation.
- Monitoring mass media and put up reports related to the Foundation’s core focus;
- Any other duties, as assigned by the Programme Coordinator.
- The applicant should be a graduate in Mass Communication / Journalism / Public Relation / English Language / English Literature / ICT from a recognized institution/university;
- Should have proficient social media skills;
- Skills in graphic design/applications such as Adobe Photoshop, Coreldraw Graphics, sketch, Inkscape etc. are essential.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages is essential.
- S/he should have at least 2 years work experience in the field of ICT, communication, mass media, or use of social media for communication;
- Ability to draft clearly and concisely, ideas and concepts in written and oral form, specific skill in writing press releases and articles, stories for print and electronic media;
- Applicant should have proficiency in the use of English language with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- The successful candidate must demonstrate and abide by the values of the organisation. Values include integrity, commitment to public good and professionalism. The candidate must demonstrate sensitivity and adaptability to culture, gender, age, race, nationality, and religion.
- Innovation and flexibility: Seek out opportunities for innovation, encourage a culture of innovation and flexibility to promptly adapt to change
- Building relationships: Able to build strong networks of collaborative relationships and partnerships among a wide range of relevant stakeholders
- Planning & organising: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work.
- Delivering results: Consistently approach work with energy and a positive attitude.
- Produces and delivers quality results in a timely manner and is committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Strategic thinking: Demonstrates an in-depth understanding and knowledge of how the role fits into the organisation’s goals.
- This role might require occasional travel.
- This is a volunteer position without a salary.
- A monthly stipend will be paid monthly, as transportation cost.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Kindly note, no calls please
Application Closing Date: 30th November, 2021.