First Bank of Nigeria Limited Recruitment has commenced for suitable and qualified candidates to apply for the position of Lien Management Officer (LMO). Interested persons should kindly apply below.
First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has an international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lien Management Officer (LMO)
Job Identification: 545
Job Type: Full-time
- Review lien removal requests from Business Units and recommend to Team Lead for concurrence/ approval.
- Review shipping documents release request from Business Units and recommend to Team Lead for approval.
- Ensure effective performance of credit monitoring functions on Small-medium size loan portfolio with low – mid complexity
- Conduct and document a quarterly performance review on accounts in assigned portfolios and to highlight management action including classification that may be required on the accounts
- Review and supervise the activities of the small-medium size loan portfolio
- Post disbursement review to confirm compliance with approved conditions subsequent to drawdown on facilities and follow up on exceptions on an ongoing basis
- Escalation of observed exceptions on post-disbursement review to Business Unit.
- Execute credit monitoring functions and reporting on the following portfolio categories and make recommendations to Team Lead to correct exceptions
- Expired & expiring facilities;
- Accounts in excess of approved limits;
- Accounts with unauthorized balances and
- Finnone accounts with overdue loan repayment and interest charges
- Non-performing Overdrafts
- Watchlist facilities
- Impaired Facilities
- Identify other exceptions and ensure that RMs/GHs regularize these exceptions identified within stipulated timelines.
- Generate data and present accounts for classification/declassification to Team Lead for further review and analysis
- Support in first level remedial activity on Small to Medium accounts designated by management and not yet transferred to RBU
- Review reports for Criticized Assets Committee meetings for the following category to address portfolio exceptions, follow up on CAC resolutions and make appropriate recommendations for management’s informed decisions;
- Group Head Level Criticized Assets Committee Meeting
- Line Executive Criticized Assets Committee Meeting
- CRO/MD Level Criticized Assets Committee Meeting
- Work with Information Technology on continuous process improvement.
- Resolution of issues on black book managed by Credit Risk Management
- Preparation of Credit Print out (LADRAM) in format required by CBN/NDIC Auditors incorporating IFRS 9 requirements in terms DPD, LGD, etc.
- Work at resolving exceptions on account management issues emanating from audit and examinations with relevant stakeholders
- Implement the Bank’s Account Management Responsibility Policy.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders and other departments (BPM, Legal Services, Internal Audit/Operations/Control etc.) for effective credit monitoring as required by job function
- Assist to provide updates on requests from regulators and examiners during periodic review and ongoing basis.
- Monthly review and follow up on Bonds & Guarantee issued on behalf of customers and Inward BG securing the banks facilities.
- Review of Warehousing Stock report vis a vis customer’s exposure to the bank.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Very good First Degree in any discipline and any additional qualification
- Minimum experience: 2 years of relevant banking experience with at least 2years in Risk Management, Credit Analysis or Relationship Management function.
Key Competency Requirements:
- Knowledge of banking practices and policies, products and processes Statistics
- Banking structure and procedures.
- In-depth knowledge of Credit Management processes
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Core Banking Processes and applications such as Finacle
- Industry knowledge
- Interpersonal skills
- IT and Computer Appreciation
- Communications skills (written and oral)
- Reporting skills
- Must be solution-driven, proactive and have acceptable knowledge of the business environment
- Performance Measurement & Assessment skills.
- Supervisory skills.
- Attention to details
- Analytical and conceptual skills
- Ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
6th February 2023.