WAEC August/September Examination Result 2020 is out – The West African Examination Council WAEC has released the 2020 West African Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) result today.
WAEC Result 2020 Breakdown of Performance for the August/September Examination
- In the result released, 1,003,668 candidates, representing 65.24 percent, obtained credits and above in a minimum of five (5) subjects, including English Language and Mathematics.
- “Out of the total number of candidates that sat the examination, one million four hundred and fifty-six thousand seven hundred and twenty-seven (1,456,727) candidates, have their results fully processed and released,” he said.
- Comparing the percentage of the candidates who had five credits including Mathematics and English in 2020 WASSCE to 2019 WASSCE, Mr Areghan said the percentage of candidates who had five credits, including in maths and English in 2019, was 64.18 per cent.
- ”Thus, there is a marginal 1.06 per cent improvement in performance in this regard,” he said.
- He said 1,338,348 candidates, representing 86.99 percent, obtained credit and above in a minimum of any five subjects ‘with or without English Language and/ or Mathematics’.
- Mr Areghan also said 81,718 candidates, representing 5.31 per cent, have a few of their subjects still being processed due to some errors on the part of the candidates.
- “Efforts are, however, being made to speedily complete the processing to enable all the affected candidates to get their results fully processed and released, subsequently,” he said.
- He said results of 215,149 candidates, representing 13.98 per cent of the total number of candidates that sat for the examination, are withheld in connection with various reported cases of examination malpractice.
Special needs candidates
Mr Areghan said 4,280 candidates with Special Needs were registered for the examination.
“Out of this number, 230 were visually challenged, 745 had impaired hearing; 2,852 had a low vision; 38 were spastic cum mentally challenged, and 58 were physically challenged,” he said.
He said candidates with special needs were adequately provided for in the administration of the examination and their results have been processed and released along with those of other candidates.
Gender: He said out of the 1, 538,445 candidates that sat the examination, 780,660 were males while 757,785 were females, “representing 50.74 percent and 49.26 percent respectively.”
How to Check WAEC 2020 Result
All candidates are to check their result on WAEC results website: www.waecdirect.org.
We thought you should also know about
To get more Updates
- Subscribe to the site sparkgist.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE
- LIKE our Facebook page for direct updates
- FOLLOW our Twitter News Handle for updates
- In case of any issue or challenge or questions, Click Here