WAEC GCE 2018/2019 Registration is on- This is to inform the general public that the 2018 West African Examination Council Private Candidate Examination (WAEC GCE 2018 Registration) portal is now open for online registration. All intending candidates for the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE GCE) for Private Candidates, 2018 for the Second Series are hereby informed that the registration will be online.
This post is to guide you on how to register for online for the WASSCE GCE second series examination for the year 2018
- Candidates should view the Information VCD before they register for the examination.
- Candidates should note that examination fees are not refundable.
- Candidates should print the examination Timetable at the completion of their registration,
- Entries must be uploaded with good quality passport size photographs, not wait and get* photographs. The background of such photographs MUST NOT BE BLUE OR RED. The size should be 275 by 314 pixels. Entries with unacceptable passport photographs will be rejected.
- Candidates should study the Regulations and Syllabuses as well as the Timetable for the examination which they can download from WAEC’S website (www.waeconline.org.ng) using their registration PIN.
- All candidates must go to their examination halls in mufti and without arms. No professional uniform of any kind will be allowed in the examination hall.
- The entire results of candidates who sit for the examination in more than one centre will be cancelled.
- Smoking is not allowed in the examination hall.
- Any candidate that comes into the examination hall with mobile phone and /or electronic or communication gadgets will have his or her entire results cancelled.
- All candidates must ensure that their entries are correctly uploaded, as the council will not be held responsible for errors in candidates’ particulars No request for correction will be entertained on any Information which a candidate voluntarily gives at the point of registration as soon as the examination commences.
- Candidates must come into the examination hall with their original photo cards.
- Candidates who engage in examination malpractice will not only have their results cancelled but may be prosecuted.
Candidates With Disabilities and Impairment
Candidates with disabilities /impairment will also register online like other candidates but they must clearly state their disabilities/impairment e.g blind, low vision, spastic, speech, etc.
Walk-in-Candidates/ Late entry Registration
Candidates who wish to register for the examination after the close of entries may be accommodated as “Walk-in-Candidates provided they register not less than twenty four hours to the scheduled time of the paper(s) they intend to write. The “Walk-in-Candidates’ fee is Twenty Five Thousand Naira (N25,000.00) only.
How to buy/purchase your 2018 WAEC GCE Registration PIN
Prospective candidates are expected to pay a registration fee of Thirteen Thousand, Nine Hundred and Fifty Naira only (N13.950) to obtain the WAEC GCE registration PIN and a VCD at branches of any of the following banks or any accredited agent listed below:
- Access Bank Plc
- Diamond Bank Plc
- Ecabank Ltd
- Fidelity Bank Plc
- WEMA Bank Plc
- First Bank of Nig. Plc.
- First City Monument Bank Plc
- Guaranty Trust Bank Plc
- Heritage Bank Plc
- Sterling Bank Plc
- Skye Bank Plc
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc
- Standard Chartered Bank Plc
- Zenith Bank Plc
- Union Bank of Nigeria Plc
- United Bank for Africa Plc
- Unity Bank Plc
In addition, candidates will be required to pay Five Hundred Naira (N500.00) commission to the banks/accredited agents.
How to Register for GCE WAEC 2018
After purchase of the WAEC PIN all candidates are to visit www.registration.waecdirect.org to complete online registration. Biometric capture (thumb print, online passport photograph) will be captured
- Candidates must complete his/her registration within two weeks of first access to the WAEC Registration website during the registration period.
- Ensure that your names, gender, passport photographs, dates of birth and subjects are correct.
- Only Digital Personal Scanner should be used for fingerprint registration.
- Print the admission notice/photo card as evidence of successful registration. This will serve as their photo card during the examination.
- Also a free WAEC result checker PIN will also be on the photo card.
All online forms are to be submitted on or before Friday, July 6, 2018
West African Examinations Council (GCE WAEC) Registration 2018 – Second Series for Private Candidates