Established in 2010, The Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) is an African private-sector-led philanthropy in Africa championing entrepreneurship and entrepreneurs across the continent. The Foundation’s long-term investment in empowering African entrepreneurs is emblematic of Tony Elumelu’s philosophy of Africapitalism, which positions Africa’s private sector, and most importantly entrepreneurs, as the catalyst for the social and economic development of the continent.
The Foundation’s flagship initiative, the TEF Entrepreneurship Programme, is a 10-year, $100 million commitment to identify, train mentor and fund 10,000 entrepreneurs, capable of changing the face of business across Africa.
THE 7 PILLARS OF TEF ENTREPRENEURSHIP PROGRAMME?
- 12 week business management training
- Knowledge Resources on TEFConnect.net
- Annual TEF Entrepreneurship Forum
- Seed Capital Funding
- TEF Entrepreneurship Programme Alumni Network
The pillars have been designed to address the essential needs to ensure success for an African entrepreneur.
- The Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme is open to Africans from all 54 African countries with scalable business ideas or a business that has been operational for no more than 5 years.
- All businesses must be business ideas or an early stage company, in the range of 0 to 5 years old
- Applicants must be 18 years of age and above.
- Your application must focus on ONE business only
- Interested applicants may register on TEFConnect.net
- The programme is not open to research institutions, faith based organisations, value adding trading companies, government contractors and businesses not located in Africa.
- Businesses must not adversely affect the environment, lives and property. Existing businesses or business ideas must be for profit, and must be the original work of those making the submission.
The TEF Training
The TEF training content called the Start-up enterprise toolkit is a bespoke programme tailored to support young and dynamic entrepreneurs through their business journey with focus on the successful execution of their business plans and ideas.
The TEF training programme is self-paced for each entrepreneur, allowing the necessary flexibility for participants to attend the training course whilst carrying on their usual activities.
The training phase of the programme will last for twelve (12) weeks. However, some intervention programmes could be modified to last for 4 weeks or 6 weeks
Initial Seed Capital
The initial seed capital funding is fixed at $5,000.
Selection of the applicants will take place after applicants successfully completes all the stages of the training and successfully take part in the pitch.
The program stages are as follows
- Application Phase
- Training & Mentorship Phase
- Business Plan Submission Phase
- Pitching Phase
- Seed Capital Phase
How to Apply for TEF Grant 2022
Application Closing Date: March 31st 2022