The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (Operator of the NNPC/SPDC /TEPNG/AGIP Joint Venture) runs robust scholarship programmes which date back to the 1950s and have supported thousands of students, most especially from our host communities, many of whom are among Nigeria’s business, political and social leaders.
Shell Scholarship – The objective of the SPDC JV scholarship programmes is to develop Nigeria’s talent of the future.
READ – A Complete List of Undergraduate Scholarships for Nigerian Students
In furtherance of this objective and to promote academic excellence among young Nigerians particularly those from less-privileged background, the SPDC invites applications from suitably qualified full-time Nigerian Students admitted in the 2019/2020 academic session to apply for the SPDC JV University scholarship awards.
READ – Apply for Gates Cambridge Scholarship Programme
Who Can Apply
The merit-based scholarship is in two categories, the National Merit Award (NM) and the Areas of Operation Merit Award:
- National Merit Award (NM): Open to all Nigerians.
- Areas of Operation Merit Award: Open to Nigerians who are indigenes of SPDC’s operational areas in Abia, Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and Rivers States.
Eligible Applicants Must
- Be citizens of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
- Be registered FULL-TIME undergraduates in on accredited course in and approved University in Nigeria
- Be in 200 Level (as at December 2020) or possess proof of admission into undergraduate programme in the 2019/2020 academic session
How To Apply for SHELL/NNPC/SPDC Joint Venture University Scholarship 2020/2021
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
- All applicants should have valid personal email account for the purpose of correspondence for this application
- All applications must be done online, visit the application website at: https://www.spdc-jv-scholarship.shell.com/ to apply.
- Applicants for the Areas of Operation Merit Award are required to provide scanned copies of letters of identification, stamped and signed by government-recognised individual:
- The Paramount Chief / Traditional Head of the community; and
- The Chairman of the Community Development Committee or the Community Executive Council (CDC or CEC)
The letters should be addressed to:
Social Performance & Social Investment,
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited,
- Each document must not exceed 200 KB and the image format must be JPEG.
- Shell does not demand payment from applicants. The application is FREE of charge
- Shell does not assign representatives or agents to assist applicants in processing applications.
- Only successful candidates at each selection stage will be contacted.
- Use Shell Nigeria website ONLY for application
SHELL/NNPC/SPDC Joint Venture University Scholarship Registration Closing Date
25th September, 2021.