The OPEC Fund for International Development is a multilateral development finance institution established in 1976. Our 12 Member Countries are: Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, the Islamic Republic of Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Syndication Officer
- The Syndication Officer is responsible for providing syndications and co-financing services for the private sector & trade finance lending activities of the OPEC Fund, provides support to and manages syndications and co-financing transactions and OPEC Fund’s relationships with syndication / co-financing partners, in accordance with the departmental strategy, in order to ensure a sustainable pipeline of syndication and co-financing activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads syndicated loan transactions associated with the private sector & trade finance lending activities of the OPEC Fund.
- Contributes to the delivery of the annual syndication targets for OPEC Fund.
- Contributes to the development of internal operational processes and procedures for the syndication and co-financing of loans.
- Support management in developing a network of syndication/co-financing/market participants.
- Provide support to prepare departmental reports, and provide inputs for strategy, board papers, departmental balance score-card, pricing, and sector papers.
- Performs market soundings, pricing and provides risk appetite feedback to ADG PSTFOD and BDU Team for their consideration.
- Contribute to formulating and executing the strategic objectives and business model of the Syndication Function.
- Prepares pitch books and market updates for clients, information memoranda for lead/co-lead transactions, and slides for partner meetings/roadshows as needed.
- Supports the preparation of marketing strategy for coverage areas (infrastructure, Financial Institutions, Manufacturing & Services)
Stakeholder management and engagement
- Expands syndication and co-financiers base among development finance institutions and commercial banks.
- Negotiates credit documents with syndicate/co-financing institutions in liaison with relevant internal departments (Business Development Unit, Portfolio Management Unit, Legal Department
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Accounting / Commerce / Finance / Economics / or other relevant disciplines.
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant credit and origination experience, including at least 3 years of direct underwriting and or syndication experience gained in a major development Finance institution or an international commercial/investment bank.
- In addition, preferably 1-2 years at an international development finance institution
- Fluent in English. Good working knowledge of Arabic, French, or Spanish is an added advantage.
- Extensive knowledge in the usage of office technologies, such as Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), intra/internet as well as online database management.
- Ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Good interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills.
- Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines, and achieving results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply