Nigerian Navy 2017- The Nigerian Navy invites online application from suitably qualified Nigerians for enlistment into the Nigerian Navy through the Direct Short Service commission (DSSC) course 25.
ACCOUNT AND BUDGET
Applicants must possess B.Ed in relevant fields. Holders of first degree with PGD in the following fields are also eligible:
Mathematics, English Language, Physics, Geography, Chemistry, Economics, French, Computer Science, History
Applicants must possess a BSc or HND or equivalent qualifications in the following fields:
- Aeronautical Engineering.
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- Mechanical/Marine Engineering.
- Naval Architecture/Ship Design.
Membership of Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE) and Council of Registered Engineers of Nigeria (COREN) will be an added advantage.
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
Applicants must possess a BSc or HND in the following fields:
- Physical Oceanography.
Applicants must possess a BSc or HND in the following fields.
- Mass Communication.
- Public Relations.
- Printing Technology.
- Television Production.
- Computer Technology (Desktop Publishing).
INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
Applicants must possess BSc/B.Tech/B.Eng in Computer Science or Computer Engineering. Priority will be given to candidates with relevant qualification in:
- Website development and management.
- Networking and network administration.
- Programming multimedia and software development.
- Server and database administration.
- Information and cyber security.
Certification in relevant fields will be an added advantage.
Applicants in the medical field must possess the following qualifications:
- Doctor/Dental Surgeons
- Medical Lab Scientist
- Medical Records/Health Information Management
- Public Health Officer
- Hospital Administration
- Biomedical Engineer
- Clinical Psychologist
BSc/HND/B Eng in the following fields:
- Civil Engineering.
- Economics, Business Management or in Purchasing and Supply (PS).
- Final Certificate of Nigerian Institute of Transport Technology.
- Quantity Survey.
- Structural Engineering.
- Transport Management.
LLB and BL (A minimum of 2 years post qualification experience is required).
General Information to Candidates and Eligibility
Applicants are warned against giving false information or tendering fake certificates. Any false information or fake certificates discovered at any stage will lead to disqualification and subsequent prosecution of the applicant.
Applicants must possess a minimum of Second Class Upper Division for holders of First degree and Upper Credit for HND holders. Computer literacy will be an added advantage.
Applicants must possess certificates of full registration with their respective statutory professional bodies in Nigeria.
Applicants who obtained certificates from foreign institutions should ensure the certificates are authenticated by the Federal ministry of education.
All applicants must be single.
Applicants must possess NYSC discharge certificate or letter of exemption from NYSC.
All applicants must present O’level West African Examination Certificate (WAEC), in addition to any other results such as NECO. Credit in Mathematics and English is compulsory.
Male applicants must not be less than 1.68 metres tall while female applicants must not be less than 1.65 metres tall.
Applicants should be between 22 and 28 years of age by 31 January 2018 except Chaplains and Imams who should not be more than 30 years.
Applicants will be shortlisted for a qualifying aptitude test. The date, time and result of the aptitude test will be placed on this website.
Test centres- Applicants are to choose any of the following centres for the qualifying aptitude test:
- Abuja- Command Day Secondary School, Mogadishu Barracks.
- Bauchi – Command Day Secondary School, Shadawanka Barracks.
- Owerrinta – Nigerian Navy Finance and Logistics School, Owerrinta.
- Lagos – Nigerian Navy Secondary School, Ojo.
- Port-Harcourt – Nigerian Navy Secondary School, Borokiri.
- Sokoto – Army Day Secondary School, Giginya Barracks.
Applicants are to bring the following to the Aptitude Test Centres:
- Parents/Guardian Consent Form.
- Local Government Attestation Card.
- Acknowledgment Form.
- Photocopies of Certificates including NYSC Discharge Certificate.
How to apply
Click http://joinnigeriannavy.com/ to begin application
Note- After completion of the application form, applicant is advised to click ‘SUBMIT’ on the portal and generate the applicant’s Transaction ID. Applicants are advised to print out a copy of the ‘Application Summary’.
The Nigerian Navy DSSC application form is Free.
Application Closing Date
13th November, 2017.