Nigeria Inter-Bank Settlement System (NIBSS) Plc. is currently recruiting for the position of a Database Administrator. Hurry now and apply for the NIBSS job recruitment BELOW ARE THE DETAILS
Job Title: Database Administrator
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Controlling database access permissions and privileges (observing the principle of least privilege).
- Configure backup strategy tailored to the point in time recovery define by business owners /as in the unit’s operational document.
- Build, Configure & manage High availability, data replication.
- Automate database processes.
- Configure and manage policies on the database as specified in the Unit’s operational document.
- Troubleshooting and analyzing issues related to database.
- Create database object and choose the appropriate datatype.
- Configure and manage high availability for all databases.
- Configure and manage database agents.
- Database modeling ability.
- Data management and security.
- Experience in database design.
- Authentication of daily Database backups.
- Planning, Installation of versions of DBMS, and testing before deployment.
- Keep environmental monitoring tool in effective working condition at all time.
- Manage servers resource (processor, storage, memory) utilizations and prevent service failure due to resource problems.
- Performance tuning ability.
- Spot service failure promptly and restore service failures.
- Management of daily data upload to the database.
- Maintain an updated procedure manual.
The desired candidate must exhibit competencies in the following:
- Multiple RDBMS (MS-SQL, MySQL, Oracle)
- Database theory and design
- Windows and Linux OS
- Storage technology
- noSQL Database (e.g Mongo DB)
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant experience related to the Job, of which 3 years must be in a supervisory role with direct or indirect reports.
- Industrial experience in designing, building and managing SQL server database, Oracle database, MySQL database, PostgreSQL database & MONGODB.
- Ability to build, configure and manage ‘Always ON High availability’.
- Proof of database design projects carried out, data modelling projects carried out.
- Possess PLSQL & TSQL skills.
- A minimum of a bachelor degree relevant to the job role from an accredited university.
- Relevant professional qualification (s) will be an added advantage.
- A Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
How to apply
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE
Note-Subsequent to your application for this position, please log on to http://learnng.com.ng/ to register and take a free e-Payment course to become more aware of NIBSS’ e-Payment services.
Thursday, January 25, 2018.
FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT www.nibss-plc.com.ng