Grand Cereals Limited (GCL), a subsidiary of UAC of Nigeria Plc, is an integrated foods company whose primary activity is the creation of superior value from local raw materials to produce and deliver superior quality brands in the animal feed, edible oils, breakfast cereals, pet food and other intermediate and consumer cereals products to Nigeria and West Africa markets.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Sales Executive
Reports To: Regional Sales Manager
Purpose of Job
- The role seeks to ensure superior presence of GCL Brands across all Trade Channels (Open Market, Retail, Neighbourhood Stores, Supermarkets, Distributor/Sub Distributor Outlets, Farms e.t.c) within assigned territory while driving share growth through consistent coverage, Stock Availability, Promotion, Right pricing and Customer/Consumer focused activities.
- Ensures achievement of Sales and Profitability targets for the territory.
- Ensures market share growth is achieved via adherence to coverage plan, and implementation of Sales fundamentals In-store
- Ensures at a minimum, once a quarter Business performance review (Joint Business Plan) with each Distributors
- Manages Recommended Price Compliance by Distributors, Sub distributors and other Trade Channels
- Effective credit management to eliminate bad debts
- Ensure effective customer/business development to counter competitive activities in the territory.
- Have accountability for the deployment of POS materials and achieving Brand Visibility Objectives across Trade Channels
- Ensures promotional activity is implemented in the right outlets and well managed to deliver on the set activity objectives
- Distributor Recruitment and Management to drive Territory Development via effective Retail Coverage
- Maintain and update an accurate database of Distributors, Sub Distributors, Wholesalers, Retailers and Farmers
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or HND in Pure and Social Sciences. A Food technology or Animal sciences qualification will be a strong advantage.
- At least one year experience in field sales preferably in FMCG or Agribusiness sector will be an advantage.
- Minimum of two years driving experience and valid driver’s Licence
- Fluency in one or more major Nigerian languages will be an added advantage
- Mobility and flexibility to work in any Nigerian state is a key requirement for this role.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong interpersonal and team orientation
- Attention to detail and a creative ability
- Research skills and Market intelligence.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Sales and Target orientation
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Note: Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted
Application Closing Date: 24th January, 2022.