The Federal Government has approved the Fertilizer Subsidy Grant for the 1st batch and second batch of FMARD AFJP smallholder farmers. Farmers whose BVN has been validated by NIBSS will be credited directly to their bank account.
Payment processing for FMARD AFJP Farmers begins this week as beneficiaries are been notified of ways to process their payment.
Below is a message sent to a beneficiary.
Dear AFJP Farmer,
You have qualified for Fertilizer Subsidy Grant by Federal Government. Get a bank account before 07-07-2021 to process your payment. FMARDPACE
However, some farmers do not have bank accounts linked to their BVN and advised those that fall in that category that the only way to receive payment is to get a bank account that connects with their bank verification number on or before 7th July 2021.
Update on FMARD PACE Fertilizer Subsidy 2021/2022
FEDERAL MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT – PROJECT FOR AGRICULTURE COORDINATION AND EXECUTION (FMARD/PACE)
1. President Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR, has approved the immediate disbursement of Fertilizer Subsidy Fund to Small Holder Vulnerable Farmers in the country.
2. These beneficiary farmers have been enumerated in the data base of Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development in collaboration with State Agricultural Development Project (ADP) staff, under the Economic Sustainability Plan, and Agriculture for Food and Jobs Plan (AFJP).
3. The disbursement will be in batches, starting with Batch A, covering 1,209,143 farmers, with total subsidy of N6,154,802,000. This will enable the farmer source fertilizer in the open market.
4. Farmers enumerated but without BVN and bank accounts are encouraged to hasten to the nearest bank to open bank accounts and get BVN in order to benefit.
5. Farmers not yet enumerated are also encouraged to cooperate with the ADP’s and enumerators to get enumerated on their farms
6. We wish to commend highly the efforts of the State Programme Managers, Master Trainers and Ex-Npower beneficiaries for enumerating farmers nationwide.
FMARD has the mandate to ensure food security in crop, livestock and fisheries, stimulate agricultural employment and services, promote the production and supply of raw materials to agro industries, provide markets for the products of the industrial sector, generate foreign exchange and aid rural socio-economic development”
For more information visit the official website of FMARD or send mail via: Website: https://fmard.gov.ng
To get more updates