Ekiti State Internal Revenue Service (EKIRS) is the main funding arm of the Ekiti State Government charged with the responsibility of collecting taxes and other revenues. The State’s Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) has massively increased as a result of strategies implemented and programs pioneered by EKIRS. This, in great measure, has positively impacted revenue generation and collection.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Officer, Internal Audit
Location: Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti
Employment Type: Full-time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Employ a risk-based approach in conducting internal audits as required by management policy, statute, or ad-hoc request by the Chairman. To be performed under the supervision of the Head of Internal Audit.
- Make recommendations on risk mitigation without compromising the independence
- Work with the external auditors to strengthen the organization’s risk management system
- Provide oversight on identified processes such as the Revenue’s procurement of goods and services
- The evidence-based audit report will address the adequacy of the Revenue’s governance structure, risk management, and internal controls.
- Any other task as required by the Chairman.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline
- Relevant professional qualifications such as ICAN or ACCA, or it’s equivalent
- Minimum of 7 years cognate experience, with at least 3 years in audit and compliance within the private and/or public sector
- Knowledge of public sector policies and guidelines governing civil service operations would be an added advantage and good knowledge of Nigerian tax laws and administration
- Proficient use of Microsoft: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Strong analytical and report writing skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV and Application Letter with a heading indicating the job being applied for to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- The Revenue is looking to engage highly motivated and goal-oriented staff who meet the criteria as stated in the job descriptions attached.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview(s) which may be virtual or physical, towards making a final selection
Application Deadline 24th June, 2022