We all have heard about the swift spread of the new deadly virus called Corona Virus also called COVID-19. It’s a virus that is characterized by obstructing the respiratory system with thick mucus which blocks the air path and lungs of the patients.
The COVID-19 is a world threat, can it be cure? Currently, the world is fighting up and down to put an end to this virus.
The death rate from this virus keeps increasing on daily basis; this has made the federal government to take precautions by closure of border, federal and public schools, social gatherings among others.
Since the government has taken measures to prevent the spread of this disease, we also need to help ourselves by taken some necessary measures that will secure us.
Here are Some Simple Recommended Measures to Safeguard yourself
- Clean all metallic surfaces very carefully because the virus can remain viable on these for up to 9 days . Take note and be vigilant about touching handrails and door handles etc. unless you’re keeping them clean or wiping them down regularly.
- Don’t smoke.
- Drink lots of hot liquids: Drink warm water or Coffee, soups, tea – take a sip of warm water every 20 minutes because this keeps your mouth moist and washes any virus that entered your mouth into your stomach where gastric juices will neutralize it before it can get into the lungs.
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables – try to elevate your zinc levels and not just vitamin C levels.
- Gargle with an antiseptic in warm water: Vinegar, salt or lemon – everyday if possible.
- The virus attaches itself to hair and clothes, any detergent or soap kills it, but you must take a bath or shower when you get in from the street. Avoid sitting down anywhere and go straight to the bathroom or shower. If you cannot wash your clothes daily, hang them in direct sunlight which also neutralizes the virus.
- Try to avoid getting the common flu because it will weaken your system and try to avoid eating and drinking cold things.
- Wash your hands every 20 minutes using any soap that foams and do it for 20 seconds and wash your hands thoroughly.
- Sneeze with your elbow or clean handkerchief or tissue and dispose properly.
- Avoid crowded area and always wear your nose mask in public places
- Animals do not spread virus to people – It’s a person to person transmission.
- Maintain physical distancing of at least 6 feet
- If you feel any discomfort in your throat or a sore throat is coming on, attack it immediately using the above methods. The virus enters the system this way and remains for 3 or 4 days within the throat before it passes into the lungs.