The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the Overseas Ph.D Degree Scholarships to specific programmes at selected Institutions in the United Kingdom.
The PTDF Scholarship Scheme for UK Universities will offer candidates the opportunity to benefit from a diversified pool of knowledge and the facilities offered by world-class institutions in the United Kingdom.
Selection Process, Criteria For 2018 PTDF Ph.D Scholarship
PTDF scholarships are highly competitive and only candidates who are outstanding across the board are selected. A selection committee will be constituted to assess applications using the following criteria;
- Academic merit as evidenced by quality of degrees, full academic transcripts, other professional qualifications acquired, and relevant publications to be referenced by applicant (PhD applicants only)
- Membership of professional bodies
- The viability of the study/research plan.
- Applicants are required to make a case for their scholarship by submitting a statement of purpose (maximum 500 words) stating the reason(s) they want to undertake the study, the relevance of the proposed study to the industry and its expected impact on national development.
Requirements for the PTDF PhD Scholarship 2018/2019
- Must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC)
- Must be computer literate
- A minimum of Second Class Lower (2.2) in their first degree and a good second degree certificate;
- Must submit a research proposal relevant to the oil and gas industry (of not more than 5 pages) to include: Topic, introduction, objective, methodology and mode of data collection;
- Applicants must also include their masters degree project
Document to be uploaded
- First Degree Certificate or Statement of Result
- NYSC discharge certificate
- WAEC/GCE/SSCE/NECO results as well as the PIN numbers on the application forms to enable PTDF view the O’level results on the relevant website).
- Recent Passport Photograph
- Local Government Identification Letter
- Master’s Degree Certificate (PhD Applicants only)
- Evidence of membership of professional associations
List of Approved Universities and course
You are to choose one of the below listed Universities during your online application
- Imperial College, London
- University College, London
- Cranfield University
- Robert Gordon University
- Heriot-Watt University
- University of Salford
- Portsmouth University
- University of Dundee
- Kings College, London
- University of Birmingham
- University of Nottingham
- University of Southampton
- Newcastle University
- University of Manchester
- University of Liverpool
How to apply for the 2018 PTDF Ph.D Scholarship
Application Closing Date
All application must be submitted on or before 4 WEEKS from the date of this publication.
NOTE– Candidates who successfully scale through the first round of screening will be requested to submit their transcripts; all applicants are therefore advised to prepare their transcripts for submission in anticipation of such a request.