The Lagos state government is calling on all interested applicants especially students of secondary schools and tertiary institutions that the 2017 ReadySetWork Online Application has commenced. Interested applicants would be able to access the site from June 16, while the training will run from July 1 to September 16, 2017.
- 0.1 The Lagos state government is calling on all interested applicants especially students of secondary schools and tertiary institutions that the 2017 ReadySetWork Online Application has commenced. Interested applicants would be able to access the site from June 16, while the training will run from July 1 to September 16, 2017.
- 1 ReadySetWork Programme2017/2018
- 2 Details on ReadySetWork Distinctiveness
- 3 Details on ReadySetWork Objectives
- 4 Details on ReadySetWork Programme Curriculum
- 5 Details on ReadySetWork Programme Duration
- 6 How to Apply for ReadySetWork Online Application 2017
- 7 ReadySetWork Screening Date, Time and Venue
- 8 READYSETWORK TIMETABLE
- 9 2017/2018 Ready Set Work Recruitment and Registration Application Guide & Requirements- www. readysetwork.com.ng
The ReadySetWork Application is an employment and enterpreunsh program aimed at preparing final year students for immediate entry into the workforce as employees and employers of labour by equipping them with market-aligned knowledge, soft skills, business tools, and a mindset reorientation of the world of work.
The ReadyTeachers is a new initiative by the ReadySetWork, it will introduce the teacher track for final year students at Lagos State teacher training college/colleges of education. It will prepare students for the 21st century, borderless classroom by equipping them with global-standard teaching techniques and skills.
ReadySetWork 2017 is the second edition of the entrepreneurship and employability capacity building programme of the Lagos State Ministry of Education.
Details on ReadySetWork Distinctiveness
- It will facilitate practical skill training by industry professionals
- It will complement the current teaching and training practices in the state in order to boast or generate employment opportunities.
- Improved trainer to student ratio
- Interactive nature of training that will guarantees better learning outcomes.
- Internship and mentorship opportunities availability is assured to 50% of participants who completed the training.
- Compulsory attendance and participation
- Issuance of certificate of completion
This second edition is targeted at final and penultimate year students in Lagos State owned tertiary institutions of LASU, LASPOTECH, LASCOHET, MOCPED, AOCOED as well as the newly included UNILAG. The programme is aimed at dealing with the twin problem of graduate unemployability and unemployment.
Details on ReadySetWork Objectives
- Equipped final students with entrepreneurship and work readiness skills.
- Improve the attitudes and work orientation of students towards the world of work
- To Place qualifying students in apprenticeships for further training
Details on ReadySetWork Programme Curriculum
The ReadySetWork curriculum will consists of the following:
- General Module
- Combined Entrepreneurship and Employability module
- Teachers track purely for participants from AOCOED and MOCPED
- Penultimate year module (RSW Online Academy)
Details on ReadySetWork Programme Duration
13 weeks that will be administered during the second semester to final and penultimate year students of participating institutions. It will start from June 14- September 17, 2017.
How to Apply for ReadySetWork Online Application 2017
Visit the website and start your application now: www.readysetwork.com.ng
The ReadySetWork online application is of two types;
- Final year student application: http://readysetwork.com.ng/register/ )
- Penultimate year student application; click to apply http://readysetwork.com.ng/penultimate-register/ ).
- Carefully fill and submit the online application form providing all the information and documents.
ReadySetWork Screening Date, Time and Venue
Submitted applications will be subjected to further screening and thereafter successful candidates will be notified and their acceptance obtained prior to the programme take off.
Start Date: July 1st – September 23rd
Sensitization: June 12th (LASU-10am, AOCOED-2pm)
June 13th (LASCOHET-10am, UNILAG-2pm)
June 15th (LASPOTECH-10am, MOCPED-2pm)
Portal Opens for Registration: June 16th
Closes: June 24th
Train the Trainers: June 24th
Press Conference: June 15th
Graduation Date: September 28th